Guess I should say hi

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
spark

Guess I should say hi

Post by spark »

Been around the forums for a week or two now, so I figured I should finally get around to saying hello.

I'm not much into cacti, succulents are my thing. I've had an aloe vera for roughly half my life. It was a pup from my mother's which was in turn a pup from her grandmother's, so it's sort of the family aloe. Still have it, though my cats more or less did it in recently and I had to salvage some pups, the mother plant didn't make it.

Anyhow, my real succulent love is lithops, and I want to have oodles and oodles of them someday. Right now I have one little pot of them, and I have a few more that a friend is sending me. And some assorted random things I've picked up recently, a small collection by most standards, though my windowsill is starting to get fairly full.

I also grow carnivorous plants, as my icon might suggest, as well as irises, herbs, and regular old garden veggies too. Oh, and I have bananas. Can't forget about the bananas, though they're still tiny, nowhere near fruiting yet. I kind of like plants in general. I live in a tiny apartment, so everything I grow has to be in pots. I'm really looking forward to the day when I can get a real house and start gardening properly! For now the pots will have to do.
kevin63129

Post by kevin63129 »

welcome to the forum.Glad to see someone new. Kevin
Addicted to crackti !
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Glad to hear a bit more about you!

There are definitely others here that have similar interests -beyond cacti that is.

Tim Vaughn and Tracy (cuda) are big into CP's.

Ian is the "Lithops King, he can grow anything." :)

I'll have to try and fan your cactus flames a bit! One can never have too many of those, you know!

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Hi, welcome!
Saguaro123

Post by Saguaro123 »

Hi, Welcome to the forums. :D :hello2:
spark

Post by spark »

I had too many childhood run-ins with prickly pears, cacti make me paranoid about touching them! (Although at least I was brighter than my brother, who deliberately kicked one around once. And then had to have his entire foot glue-peel-treated and couldn't wear that pair of shoes again.) And I'm weird, I like to touch my plants. Most succulents are really nicely tactile. :D I suppose I may end up with a few cacti one way or another, but succulents is really where it's at for me.
Dalesmicro

Hi and welcome!!

Post by Dalesmicro »

Hi Spark and welcome!! As a new member who loves all kinds of unusual plants I am sure we share some interests. :D Dale
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Hello Spark, and welcome aboard!! One can never have to many CP's... Hehehehehe :P :D As for cacti and succulents GOTA LOVE UM!!!!! Just as with CPs cacti & succulents becomes a real addiction QUCKLY!! :wink: Hope you enjoy it here...
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
spark

Post by spark »

Well, I'm having fun so far! It's nice to have a place where people don't eye you funny for getting all excited over plants.
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

Nice to meet you! Isn't it nice to have a place just to be a plant geek?
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello spark,
I really got my job cut out for me with all these new forum members that have joined since I left for a month-long vacation. So, welcome to the cactus and succulent forums. You know there are some cacti that are devoid of spines or have very few of them. I do have some Ariocarpus plants. Those are small and take a very long time to grow even an inch or two in diameter. They do look so unsimilar to cacti that they even fool my wife who hates cacti with a passion. :lol:

Harald