I need an ID for my cactus

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Mema

I need an ID for my cactus

Post by Mema »

Hello!
This is a great site!
I am a girl from Norway who just discovered this site. And I have some cactus I need to identify! I hope somebody can help me. :)

The cactus is ca 1 years old and 3 months. It has ca 16 "babys" on it.(I dont know what it is called in egnlig, but i hope you understand) I took it from my mums cactus who is really big!
I really like this cactus so i hope somebody can ID it for me! :D
I am sorry for my english, but I am fra Norway.:)

This is the cactus
http://photobucket.com/albums/e338/mere ... IM1211.jpg

I also wonder about another cactus we have. It is over 20 years old, and it´s my mums cactus.

Dominique

Post by Dominique »

Welcome, Mema. First plant looks like mammillaria elongata. Second one, looks like echinopsis oxygona. Second one must have given many flowers considering its age. Do they look like these ?
Dominique
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I agree with Dominique on the Mamm. For the second one it looks a little too tall and skinny for oxygona, but that may just be because of the small pot and light conditions. Flower should help a lot.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Mema

Post by Mema »

Thank you for all help! :D
The flowers on Dominiques picture looks like the flowers on mine. But the color is more like pink. I dont have any pictures of the flowers : /
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti