Miles Anderson's Collection

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
ondy

Miles Anderson's Collection

Post by ondy »

I wanted to share some pictures of my visit to Miles2Go today. I should have taken more pictures but was distracted with buying and trying to listen to and ask questions. I will take more next time. I took pics of the majority of his personal collection. Miles is a great guy and knows more about cacti and succulents than I could hope to learn in twenty years. Check 'em out.

http://public.fotki.com/Ondy/cactus_sho ... iles_2_go/

Andy
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Andy,
That is great stuff- I definatly have to come out for a visit sometime!

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll catch up in 21 years. :lol:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
cactusbutt

Post by cactusbutt »

Wow he has some nice looking plants ive often thought of buying from him and now I will
thanks Andy :wink:

Bob
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Andy,

Nice pics. thanks for sharing. I have one of his books and it has some of the best photographs I have seen in Cacti books.

I have also spoken to Miles by E-mail on a couple of occasions, regarding queries about information in the book and have always found him very helpful and courteous. Something you do not always get from people in business, rather than doing it for a hobby. But as my old dad used to say "It costs nothing to smile and be nice to people." :lol:

Cheers,
John
JuanKilo

Post by JuanKilo »

Miles is definately someone to purchase from. I've been buying his plants for a few years now. I usually phone my orders in, and he is always very nice to chat with.

Thanks for sharing the pics Andy!
ondy

Post by ondy »

I was at Miles' nursery again yesterday and I took some more pics. Check 'em out.
I also have some nice picture of some new cacti in my collection in my fotki.com folders.

http://public.fotki.com/Ondy/cactus_sho ... iles_2_go/

Andy
Dominique

Post by Dominique »

I would love to go there with a LARGE basket ! Thank you for sharing.
Dominique
Mike

Post by Mike »

His place looks awesome. So Andy,what did you end up getting with all to choose from?

Mike
ondy

Post by ondy »

Well Mike, the cacti in those pictures aren't generally for sale. They're part of his personal collection. I have only managed to get him to sell me two cacti from those. I think that's only because I've been buying from him for a couple of years. I used to see him when he would come to Los Angeles to shows. Now it's just too easy to go visit now that I live in Tucson. If money and space weren't a consideration I would probably spent a couple hundred dollars a week there.

Andy