Need to find new home for my cacti

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
NHcacti3

Need to find new home for my cacti

Post by NHcacti3 »

Hello everyone,
I just joined the forum in the hopes that I can find good new homes for my cacti, primarily prickly pear.

Some of these plants are about 50 years old and have character. Others are rooted plants from the original.

The collection started when my mother visited Arizona (1972) and brought back a tourist-type pack of different cacti. I inherited her plants in 2015. I have managed to keep them growing, sometimes I have even gotten blossoms.

As noted most are prickly pear but there are one or two others but I do not know the species. My location is central New Hampshire (Lakes Region). I also have some old houseplants such as hibiscus plants, too.

Happy to discuss further, pictures. Please help. Thank you.
jerrytheplater

Re: Need to find new home for my cacti

Post by jerrytheplater »

It might help if you can give a time frame for when you want to finish rehoming your plants.
Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ
45 inches (114 cm) rain equivalent per year, approx. evenly spread per month
2012 USDA Hardiness Zone 6b: -5F to OF (-20C to -18C) min.
NHcacti3

Re: Need to find new home for my cacti

Post by NHcacti3 »

Good point. Thanks for the suggestion.

I am around for a month and, then, the plan is to be away for the remainder of the winter. I will have a person looking after the plants during that time. Hence, no urgent timetable for re-homing. Eventually, however, in a year, I will likely move internationally.

I moved to this location in June and the cacti do not get as good sun as they have been accustomed which adds to my desire to get them to new homes.