Hello from Agave utahensis Land!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
mojave.lv

Hello from Agave utahensis Land!

Post by mojave.lv »

Hello! New member here, my name is Daniel, but I go by Mojave.lv online.

I live here in Las Vegas, right in the heart of Agave Utahensis territory. I spend a lot of time exploring the desert, finding new populations and taking photos. Below are some of my favorites, and you can see more over on my IG: http://instagram.com/mojave.lv

I've also started producing and selling nevadensis and eborispina seeds and seedlings, you can find out more about that from my website: http://mojave.lv
20230227-0X6A9515.jpg
20230227-0X6A9515.jpg (125.63 KiB) Viewed 7469 times
20230505-0X6A2037.jpg
20230505-0X6A2037.jpg (143.36 KiB) Viewed 7469 times
20230609-0X6A2971.jpg
20230609-0X6A2971.jpg (143.17 KiB) Viewed 7469 times
zpeckler

Re: Hello from Agave utahensis Land!

Post by zpeckler »

Hell yeah, Dan! I follow you on Instagram and am the proud steward of one of your seedlings. Great to see you on this forum!
--------------------
Zac

Butte County, CA, USA
USDA Zone 9b
Mediterranean climate; hot, dry, sunny summers with rainy, moist, mild winters.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Welcome. Agave utahensis is a nice plant. I have a few growing from seed myself.
mojave.lv wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:36 pm I've also started producing and selling nevadensis and eborispina seeds and seedlings, you can find out more about that from my website: http://mojave.lv
Too bad it is needed to sign up for a mailing list first to be able to order some seeds. I personally do not like this sort of email gathering (and later a potential bombardment of silly commercial emails or anything else that "will be of your interest"). No person or company should try to obtain private information like that.
mojave.lv

Post by mojave.lv »

zpeckler wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:00 pm Hell yeah, Dan! I follow you on Instagram and am the proud steward of one of your seedlings. Great to see you on this forum!
Thank you! It's awesome to see a familiar face here!
mojave.lv

Post by mojave.lv »

Aiko wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:02 pm Welcome. Agave utahensis is a nice plant. I have a few growing from seed myself.
mojave.lv wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:36 pm I've also started producing and selling nevadensis and eborispina seeds and seedlings, you can find out more about that from my website: http://mojave.lv
Too bad it is needed to sign up for a mailing list first to be able to order some seeds. I personally do not like this sort of email gathering (and later a potential bombardment of silly commercial emails or anything else that "will be of your interest"). No person or company should try to obtain private information like that.
I hear you, but because I'm a small grower, I don't have a ton of stuff to sell really, so doing weekly drops like this keeps my process efficient, and keeps me from bombarding all my social platforms with sales information, when most people just follow me for photos. Maybe some day when I'm a big commercial grower (hah) I'll have stuff for sale 24/7. Until then this is the best thing I've figured out.
Tom in Tucson

Post by Tom in Tucson »

Aiko wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:02 pm Welcome. Agave utahensis is a nice plant. I have a few growing from seed myself.
I have been getting his email for a few weeks. and as he indicated, he's not in business to "harvest" email addresses. I have not been "spammed".

My only complaint with his business is in order to get his seed offers, you need to make a plant purchase first.
mojave.lv

Post by mojave.lv »

Tom in Tucson wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:13 pm
I have been getting his email for a few weeks. and as he indicated, he's not in business to "harvest" email addresses. I have not been "spammed".

My only complaint with his business is in order to get his seed offers, you need to make a plant purchase first.
Thank you, I try not to spam, lol. And you're right about seeds, I wish I had a ton of them and could sell them to everyone, maybe next year I'll have more flowering plants!
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! Nice photos!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
mojave.lv

Post by mojave.lv »

gemhunter178 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:23 am Welcome! Nice photos!
Thank you! Living near such gorgeous plants makes it easy to take good photos!
MrXeric

Post by MrXeric »

Awesome plants. I'll keep you in mind for future sowing!
mojave.lv

Post by mojave.lv »

MrXeric wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:30 am Awesome plants. I'll keep you in mind for future sowing!
Sweet!
nachtkrabb

Post by nachtkrabb »

And a warm welcome to you, Daniel, from the other side of the ocean (Europe, South of Germany).
I do like your pictures. Here where we do not have native cacti, this looks pretty strange & alien. :mrgreen:
Enjoy the forum,
Nachtkrabb :D
Love and Revolution!
...and still more cacti.