Wrinkling lithops after watering

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
pandateaa

Wrinkling lithops after watering

Post by pandateaa »

Hi everyone! This is my first post :)

Here is a link to my photos showing the progression of wrinkles from repotting day til now.
https://imgur.com/a/xrUDM5v

Background info: I live in a very dry part of Canada. We just had our first snowfall today but technically it is still considered "early fall" here.
I got my first lithops a week ago from a local plant store. I repotted it from its peat soil to a soil mix of about 40/60 cactus soil vs. perlite. When repotting, I checked the roots for root rot and the base of the lithops for any sign of mushy/rotting flesh, but it seemed healthy and normal.

I watered it lightly 3 days ago with a spray bottle.

My lithops went from being plump in the store to light wrinkling after repotting it, then pronounced wrinkles grew after I watered it.

I read that wrinkles can mean it's thirsty but I am scared of overwatering. Should I just leave it be for the entirety of winter? Or should I water it again but do a deep soak...? Should I check again if the roots are rotting?
My lithops hasn't shown any signs of flowering either, so I'm not sure if it's confused about its seasons/cycle or something.

Thanks for the advice and the help.