Mesa selling plants now

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
keith

Mesa selling plants now

Post by keith »

And I bought a few things. Nice quality plus lots of seed on the Rebutia hyalacantha which I think seems to be named Rebutia wessneriana, wessneriana wessneriana, hyalacantha. somthing like that ? I sprayed off the dust after planting them I won't water them for a week. I also bought a Mammillaria humboltii but no picture. They have allot of plants and seeds now with pictures for many of them. :D
Attachments
Assorted stuff
Assorted stuff
IMG_3700.JPG (103.53 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
Dinteranthus vanzylii
Dinteranthus vanzylii
IMG_3701.JPG (77.41 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
Dinteranthus wilmotianus
Dinteranthus wilmotianus
IMG_3703.JPG (95.38 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
Lithops jacksons jade
Lithops jacksons jade
IMG_3702.JPG (91.54 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
leisurely

Re: Mesa selling plants now

Post by leisurely »

Thanks for the heads up. I was very disappointed when they shut down sales for a long period of time.
Jerry
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

I am still disappointed about the small seedlist they have published in the last few months...
Steve Johnson

Post by Steve Johnson »

Aiko wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:02 am I am still disappointed about the small seedlist they have published in the last few months...
I'm kinda disappointed by the small plant list too, but if the new owners are dedicated enough to bring their inventory up to something like what Steve and Linda Brack did, things at Mesa Garden will keep getting better. Can't imagine what a big undertaking it must me for them, so give it more time.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)
keith

Post by keith »

I think they are concentrating on Mesembs ? They have more than a few expensive conophytum seeds for sale but not rare or expensive cactus seeds for sale. The money must be in Mesembs esp. conophytums. I have a few conophytums which look dried up and dead now but come to life in a few months they are pretty cool but so are cactus. Maybe conophytums are easier to grown indoors on a window sill.
Atozbotanicals

Post by Atozbotanicals »

keith wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:01 pm I think they are concentrating on Mesembs ? They have more than a few expensive conophytum seeds for sale but not rare or expensive cactus seeds for sale. The money must be in Mesembs esp. conophytums. I have a few conophytums which look dried up and dead now but come to life in a few months they are pretty cool but so are cactus. Maybe conophytums are easier to grown indoors on a window sill.
The Mesembs have a huge market in Asia, namely S. Korea and China. That large demand in the east is why Mesa handles their Mesemb sales differently and groups them separately to most everything else as they’re primarily going to those countries.
17 year old Cactus enthusiast specializing in hard growing North American species.
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

How long are they taking to ship plants nowadays?
Been waiting now for over a week without a peep (except of course a debit to my bank account...that always seems to be quick!).
Aloinopsis

Post by Aloinopsis »

It took just over five weeks for them to confirm my order, and eight weeks to receive it.
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Aloinopsis wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:01 am It took just over five weeks for them to confirm my order, and eight weeks to receive it.
Wow.

Thanks for the heads up!
bartab

Post by bartab »

Hopefully they are working on their website as well. Hard to navigate.
Aloinopsis

Post by Aloinopsis »

Minime8484 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:49 am
Aloinopsis wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:01 am It took just over five weeks for them to confirm my order, and eight weeks to receive it.
Wow.

Thanks for the heads up!
You're welcome. Honestly by the time I got my order it was too late to plant it but I went ahead and did it anyway.
TimN

Post by TimN »

It took about a week to get the shipping notification from them, which I thought was pretty quick, based on past experience.
Disclaimer: I'm in sunny Arizona, so any advice I give may not apply in your circumstances.

Tim
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Post by Pereskiopsisdotcom »

I've never ordered from Mesa before but remember the basic text for ordering seed in the past. I have to wonder if the change that is occurring with the new ownership is also to appeal to a new customer base or a shift of operations to a different clientele.

I've seen mesebs and lithops mentioned already and these are a very hot item right now here in Canada. They do not show up in big box stores as frequently as easy to grow succulents with generous leaves for cuttings or the moon cactus that are everywhere. When I do see them, consumers are willing to pay well for them. They're all over Instagram as well. I wonder if this is true for the US as well.
http://pereskiopsis.com

Interests include: Rhipsalis, Turbinicarpus, Gymnocalycium, and Lophophora.
TimN

Post by TimN »

Update on my Mesa Garden order. I made my order and got a confirmation within a day. I got a shipping notice about a week later. 3-4 days later they were in my mailbox. So, total time was just under two weeks start to finish. Probably the fastest I've ever gotten plants from MG.

Mesa Garden plants are different that what most people are used to. They are more "hard" grown than what is normally offered at retail. The plants I got were excellent! I potted them last night, I'll take pictures later this week.
Disclaimer: I'm in sunny Arizona, so any advice I give may not apply in your circumstances.

Tim
keith

Post by keith »

That is fast and I like the HARD GROWN because they fit in better with my seed raised plants which are also hard grown not on purpose but just the way i grow them outside of a greenhouse and almost no fertilizer.