Albuca circinata question

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
TimN

Albuca circinata question

Post by TimN »

I got a shovelful of Albuca circinata a few months ago. Now that the leaves are gone, is it time to separate the bulbs?

If I do separate the bulbs, should I replant them now or wait until ????

I've had mixed results with these in the past, so any practical advice is appreciated.
Disclaimer: I'm in sunny Arizona, so any advice I give may not apply in your circumstances.

Tim
C And D

Re: Albuca circinata question

Post by C And D »

It's not the best time to separate the bulbs,
but I don' think it will be a problem, just let them dry a couple days then replant.
I like to replant just before, at the start, or during the growing season.

Do you know about splitting Bulbs? Just include a portion of the bottom section with the onion like top.

A lot Albucas lose their roots during the summer, and grow new ones in fall, so the roots may not matter this time a year.
Check out our plant and seed lists
http://www.CandDplants.com

Craig and Denise Fry
TimN

Post by TimN »

Excellent, thanks. Sounds like if I leave them alone until late summer/fall that's the better time, when they're about to start growing. They are out of the way on a partly sunny shelf now, so no hurry.

I bought an A. spiralis (?) from you years ago. I don't remember what happened to it, but it was awesome while i had it. I've been looking for another. I just saw you have them on your site. Time to get an order together.
Disclaimer: I'm in sunny Arizona, so any advice I give may not apply in your circumstances.

Tim
C And D

Post by C And D »

Best to wait until Fall, they are dormant now and look like empty pots.
Check out our plant and seed lists
http://www.CandDplants.com

Craig and Denise Fry