Wanted: various columnar seeds

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Coloradocactus

Wanted: various columnar seeds

Post by Coloradocactus »

Hi all, new on the forum and to cactus and succulents! I bought a few at a local greenhouse and the addiction began! I’ve tried my hand at propagating soon after and a couple months later I’m already at about 100 seedlings!! So far I’ve mostly been propagating various pilosocereus species as well as a few cereus. There are a few types I’ve struggled to find specifically pachycereus marginatus (stenocereus marginatus) and although I know this is actually a succulent, I’m also really interested in getting some Euphorbia Ammak seeds. Any recommendations on good sources for either of these? Or other recommendations of columnars that would be interesting to propogate would be great! Unfortunately at this point I don’t have any seeds to trade but am happy to work our payment if anyone has either of these on hand. Thanks! Excited to be part of the community.
esp_imaging

Re: Wanted: various columnar seeds

Post by esp_imaging »

I'm surprised you haven't found Pachycereus marginatus in the US - it's also stuck in Stenocereus at times.
It's widely available from the European sellers - Succseed, uhlig, koehres, cactusplaza etc.
Euphorbia seed are not widely available - many sellers will offer a few species but few will have extensive lists.
Koehres seems to have the widest choice, but not including E. ammak.
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti
Coloradocactus

Post by Coloradocactus »

Thanks esp_imaging! I know, I felt like it was weird not find the pachycereus marginatus as well. Thanks for the recommendations of those other sources, I’ll see if any of them will send to the U.S.
AusNick89

Post by AusNick89 »

If your after Trichocereus, try the Facebook groups, especially the Australian one, loads of seeds of those for sale all the time and most send worldwide. Some awesome varieties available here.