Hello from Florida

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
MadameChaoz

Hello from Florida

Post by MadameChaoz »

Just wanted to say hi and thank you for letting me join.
I'm a new cactus owner so please for give my ignorance in any questions I might ask.
I have gotten lots of very useful information by reading posted topics so far. Loving it.
ElieEstephane

Re: Hello from Florida

Post by ElieEstephane »

Welcome to the forum! We all started from nothing so no worries!
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! Hey, we all started somewhere!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Post by hegar »

I also want to extend a warm welcome! As the other forum members already indicated: We all started from scratch and learned along the way.
Even after having grown cacti for three decades, I am still learning and cannot even keep all the plants in my collection alive. :oops:
So, do not feel intimidated. Even some recent members can teach everyone here a thing or two. I learned just an hour or so ago, that some species of the genus Melocactus exhibit a fully mature fruit from one day to another. It is just kept inside the plant and then shoved out in a hurry. :o

Harald
DodoBrooke

Post by DodoBrooke »

Wellcome Madam Chaoz!

I am also lets say beginner as haven't grown cactuses for almost 20 years so I am kind of a starting from beginning.
Hope you ll have a good time here.
hegar wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:20 am I learned just an hour or so ago, that some species of the genus Melocactus exhibit a fully mature fruit from one day to another. It is just kept inside the plant and then shoved out in a hurry. :o
Yes this is fascinating.. :o
MadameChaoz

Post by MadameChaoz »

Thank you all so much.
That is very intestine about the fruit. I did not know that.