Looking to rent grow space in San Diego, CA! (greenhouse, shaderoom, etc)

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
rypasaur

Looking to rent grow space in San Diego, CA! (greenhouse, shaderoom, etc)

Post by rypasaur »

Hi everyone,

I'm relocating to San Diego and my new apartment has absolutely no space for growing plants.

Does anyone have some spare space in a suitable growing environment for cacti that they would consider renting?

I grow mostly Astrophytum, and would only need 10-15 sq. ft to start.
I am open to paying as much as $150/month, depending on the setup and the amount of space I get.

If you or someone you know can accommodate, please PM me.

Thank you!

-Ryan
Aiko

Re: Looking to rent grow space in San Diego, CA! (greenhouse, shaderoom, etc)

Post by Aiko »

Isn't it easier to rent (or buy) a piece of land and put a greenhouse on it? At least for the long term?
Can't judge how much space is there in the surroundings of San Diego, but I guess there is room to find. Maybe even across the border in Mexico, where ground might be cheaper (I don't know how easy it is to cross the border on a regular basis).
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I would have thought the best people to contact for advice on the local cactus scene would have been these and ask about renting space:-

https://www.sdcss.net/contact

https://www.sdcss.net/
cactushobbyman

Post by cactushobbyman »

If I lived in San Diego I could rent out that kind of space. Here in California the price of land, houses, and to rent is astronomical. I live no longer in the golden stated, just an expensive state.