Aloe or xGasteraloe 'Twilight Zone'

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
TheBelmontRooster

Aloe or xGasteraloe 'Twilight Zone'

Post by TheBelmontRooster »

Hello everyone! I was updating plant names and information on my blog and noticed that some websites were calling Aloe 'Twilight Zone' a xGasteraloe. Soooo... Names change quite often so I thought I would see if anyone here knows for sure if 'Twilight Zone' is officially an Aloe hybrid or an xGasteraloe. This is a Kelly Griffin hybrid and I am sure he would have mentioned somewhere if he used a Gasteria in this gross. Well, maybe one of the Aloe species he used in this cross was put in the Gasteria genus. Who knows?
greenknight

Re: Aloe or xGasteraloe 'Twilight Zone'

Post by greenknight »

Monrovia calls it Aloe hybrid x haworthiodes 'Twilight Zone'. Others call it a Gasteraloe, or an Aloe hybrid. I have no idea.
Spence :mrgreen:
TheBelmontRooster

LOL! It would be easier to keep up-to-date if we knew the parentage of the hybrids. Thanks for the reply!
TheBelmontRooster

Just wanted to make an update... I contacted Kelly Griffin, the creator, and he said it is an x Gasteraloe. He said Aloe haworthiodes hybrid crossed with a Gasteria carinata form. He said he named it for the intro to Rod Sterling’s Twilight Zone with the floating stars coming at you like driving in a snow storm.