Wal*Mart and the case of the false flowers

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
ElieEstephane

Re: Wal*Mart and the case of the false flowers

Post by ElieEstephane »

majcka wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 pm
ElieEstephane wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:58 pm Cheap vodka would probably do the trick too
I had to smile on that....not becouse it wouldn't do the trick, but rather becouse an expencive one would do it too. Image

No offense...it is just that kind of a day. Image
That is actually funny :lol: :lol: but i would rather drink the expensive one than waste it on the cacti!
Cheap vodka is around 3$ a liter while the average stuff like stoli and absolut are around 13-20$ a liter
Imagine wasting a grey goose on mealybugs!
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
majcka

Post by majcka »

You're right.

Today is the day I could use some vodka to kill the melybugs....just another sort of bugs. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

7george

Post by 7george »

Sometimes fake flowers do not stop real ones to appear:
41181948800_56bf465e1f_o.jpg
41181948800_56bf465e1f_o.jpg (48.66 KiB) Viewed 4545 times
Not the Walmart store but in similar one.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
Vipassana

Post by Vipassana »

I've figured out that there are some good deals to be had on these at Lowes on their discount plant racks. Once the straw flower falls off, or gets wet and loses it's color, Lowes will mark it down to $1 to get rid of it. I've picked up a few really nice cactus this way.
saboten

Post by saboten »

Vipassana wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:17 pm I've figured out that there are some good deals to be had on these at Lowes on their discount plant racks. Once the straw flower falls off, or gets wet and loses it's color, Lowes will mark it down to $1 to get rid of it. I've picked up a few really nice cactus this way.
Good job! I always love a way to beat the big box stores! I always pick up fallen bits up plants in sweeping piles to propagate. Also, if you can get away with dumpster diving, one can often find discarded plantlife (but you have to be dedicated) :lol:
Brontosaurus

Post by Brontosaurus »

saboten wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:52 am
Vipassana wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:17 pm I've figured out that there are some good deals to be had on these at Lowes on their discount plant racks. Once the straw flower falls off, or gets wet and loses it's color, Lowes will mark it down to $1 to get rid of it. I've picked up a few really nice cactus this way.
Good job! I always love a way to beat the big box stores! I always pick up fallen bits up plants in sweeping piles to propagate. Also, if you can get away with dumpster diving, one can often find discarded plantlife (but you have to be dedicated) :lol:
Dumpster diving for cacti is something that I think you'd want a thick pair of gloves for.
gabby c

Post by gabby c »

meme flowers fake.jpg
meme flowers fake.jpg (66.85 KiB) Viewed 4205 times
i wonder what the survival rate is of walmart/lowes succulents is :roll: ... I too however, have found some good stuff there on occasion!
i know more than you.jpg
i know more than you.jpg (57.03 KiB) Viewed 4205 times
Panhandle of Florida 9a