Just saying Hi

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
herrwood

Just saying Hi

Post by herrwood »

I have a few cactus succulents well actually 3. I know very little except cactus do not mind being ignored which works for me. I would like to expand some additional types. Most will be kept outside so need ones that can handle the cold and some snow.

Here is a photo of some of what I have outside I have had these for many years as you can see the have reproduced.
Attachments
cactusut1.jpg
cactusut1.jpg (61.42 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
gemhunter178

Re: Just saying Hi

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! Up here in MA, I've had success with some Echinocereus and Escobaria up here. Delosperma live nicely and I'm currently trying some Lewisia species. Sedums grow like weeds, try not to let those loose. If that helps.
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Hello.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
herrwood

Post by herrwood »

gemhunter178 wrote:Welcome! Up here in MA, I've had success with some Echinocereus and Escobaria up here. Delosperma live nicely and I'm currently trying some Lewisia species. Sedums grow like weeds, try not to let those loose. If that helps.
Thanks for the information I will check out the what you have suggested, have to look them up 1st what I know about cactus you could put on the head of a spine. Plus I see there are similar species in each category but this is a step in the right direction.