Free seeds / seed swap list

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2018 list

Post by Aiko »

Another update was needed. Welwitschia is back on the list, as I got no reply after reserving them. Some others added new, and some are gone.

I have the following species available for free to everyone, experienced or inexperienced:
- Adromischus marianae 'tanqua' (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Aloe variegata (one portion left) - year of harvest 2016 or 2017
- Anacampseros arachnoides - harvest of summer 2018 (unfortunately some Anacampseros namaquensis seeds have sneaked in there too, but 95% of the entire batch will be A. arachnoides)
- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT 94230, Aughrabies Hills) - harvest of summer 2018
- Anacampseros retusa (ex JVT 9350) - harvest of summer 2018
- Anacampseros vanthielii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Drosera capensis (non-succulent) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Euphorbia obesa (one portion of 5 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Glottiphyllum cruciatum - harvest of autumn 2018
- Habranthus tubispathus - harvest of summer 2018
- Hippeastrum hybrid, red flowers (generally known as "Amaryllis") - harvest of spring 2018
- Scilla violacea (one portion of 1 seed left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Talinum paniculatum (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Tulbaghia galpinii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018

I have the following species available for free to experienced growers only:
- Drimia uniflora - harvest of summer 2018
- Lachenalia ensifolia (syn. Polyxena ensifolia) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Welwitschia mirabilis (one portion of 13 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018

And I have these available for swapping only:
- Ariocarpus agavoides (one portion left) - harvest of 2017
- Ariocarpus bravoanus var. hintonii (one portion left) - harvest of 2017
- Ariocarpus fissuratus - harvest of 2017
- Ariocarpus kotschoubeyanus (one portion left) - year of harvest 2016 or 2017
- Begonia tripartita (one portion left) - harvest of 2018
- Conophytum burgeri - harvest of autumn 2018
- Dionaea muscipula ("Venus fly trap", carnivorous) (non-succulent) - harvest of summer 2018
- Eucomis vandermerwei (one portion left)- harvest of autumn 2018
- Ferocactus sp. (one portion left)- harvest of autumn 2018
- Gymnocactus beguinii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Haworthia springbokvlakensis - harvest of summer 2018
- Turbinicarpus klinkerianus (one portion left) - year of harvest 2016 or 2017
- Turbinicarpus lophophoroides (one portion left) - harvest of 2016
- Turbinicarpus pseudomacrochele - year of harvest 2016 or 2017
- Turbinicarpus saueri ssp. nelissae - harvest of 2017

Please send me a personal message if you are interested.

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains.

I don't sell any seeds. All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, (Southern African) bulbs, cacti with tuberous roots or succulents that can survive moderate to severe frosts.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.40 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
ihoptdk

Post by ihoptdk »

I'm sure I'll get laughed at, if not straight up ridiculed, but do you have something for a complete beginner? Something fairly hardy and low light?
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Haworthia and Gasteria are usually succulents that don't need a lot of light, and can take a light frost every now and then.

But low light requirements and frost hardy are tough combinations to find in a succulent plant. It is much easier to find tough frost hardy plants, but they all require high light intensity too (at least during spring / summer).
ihoptdk

Post by ihoptdk »

I don't have any concerns about frost here. I just mentioned them being hardy because I'm new and want something that can take my attempts to grow it without causing it too much stress lol. As far as low light, I'll have a smaller grow light for it.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Small update. The Euphorbia is now gone, and I have added Canna and Nerine.

I have the following species available for free to everyone, experienced or inexperienced:
- Anacampseros arachnoides - harvest of summer 2018 (unfortunately some Anacampseros namaquensis seeds have sneaked in there too, but 95% of the entire batch will be A. arachnoides)
- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT 94230, Aughrabies Hills) - harvest of summer 2018
- Anacampseros vanthielii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Drosera capensis (non-succulent) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Hippeastrum hybrid, red flowers (generally known as "Amaryllis") - harvest of spring 2018
- Nerine hirsuta (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Tulbaghia galpinii - harvest of summer 2018

- Lachenalia ensifolia (syn. Polyxena ensifolia) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Welwitschia mirabilis (one portion of 13 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018

- Ariocarpus fissuratus - harvest of 2017
- Canna cannova (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Conophytum burgeri - harvest of autumn 2018
- Dionaea muscipula ("Venus fly trap", carnivorous) (non-succulent) - harvest of summer 2018
- Haemanthus albiflos (one portion of 10 seeds left)- harvest of autumn 2018
- Haemanthus sp. (H. coccineus?) (one portion of 2 seeds left)- harvest of autumn 2018
- Turbinicarpus klinkerianus (one portion left) - year of harvest 2016 or 2017
- Turbinicarpus pseudomacrochele - year of harvest 2016 or 2017
- Turbinicarpus saueri ssp. nelissae - harvest of 2017

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains.

I don't sell any seeds. All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, (Southern African) bulbs, cacti with tuberous roots or succulents that can survive moderate to severe frosts.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.40 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Some things gone now, or low on stock. Added Avonia herrerae.

- Avonia herrerae (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Drosera capensis (carnivorous, non-succulent) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Notocactus magnificus / Parodia magnifica (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018

- Ariocarpus fissuratus (one portion left) - harvest of 2017

- Conophytum burgeri (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Dionaea muscipula ("Venus fly trap") (carnivorous, non-succulent) - harvest of summer 2018
- Haemanthus albiflos (one portion of 9 seeds left)- harvest of autumn 2018
- Haemanthus sp. (H. coccineus?) (one portion of 2 seeds left)- harvest of autumn 2018
- Turbinicarpus pseudomacrochele (one portion left) - year of harvest 2016 or 2017
- Turbinicarpus saueri ssp. nelissae (one portion left) - harvest of 2017

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.45 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. Mostly things out of stock or running low on stock. But also added one addition, a Bowiea. Just a few seeds for now. Other seed pods should ripen in the coming weeks, so I should have more early spring.

- Bowiae volubilis (one portion left) - harvest of winter 2019
- Drosera capensis (carnivorous, non-succulent) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Glottiphyllum cruciatum (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018

- Dionaea muscipula ("Venus fly trap") (carnivorous, non-succulent) - harvest of summer 2018
- Habranthus tubispathus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Haemanthus albiflos (one portion of 9 seeds left)- harvest of autumn 2018
- Hippeastrum hybrid, red flowers (generally known as "Amaryllis") (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Turbinicarpus pseudomacrochele (one portion left) - year of harvest 2016 or 2017

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for some species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.45 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. As there was no interest in some of the species I now have sowed some of these myself, so they are gone from the list now.

- Drosera capensis (carnivorous, non-succulent) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018

- Hippeastrum hybrid, red flowers (generally known as "Amaryllis") (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2018

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for some species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains.

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. Some species are on the list again, as I never heard back from the person I reserved them for (Aloe, Habranthus, Notocactus, A retusa). I also included Massonia pygmaea var. pygmaea. More Massonia to follow. Some of the 'swapping only' I will sow myself later this month, so they will be off the list soon if no one is interested in a swap. The Ariocarpus are now gone.

- Notocactus magnificus / Parodia magnifica (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018

- Massonia pygmaea var. pygmaea - harvest of spring 2019

alvionna

Post by alvionna »

I searched some names and I saw it back then in the shops here In The Philippines. Some of them costs almost 30 dollars or more and I cant afford that price, I can buy lots of some other cheaper species for beginners in that price. Maybe the dreams of having some rare ones will stay as it is
Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2019 list

Post by Aiko »

Some things are out of stock. Such as Massonia echinata "densely pubescent", which is gone now, but fresh seeds are on their way. Should be back on the next update of this list. Same goes for Lachenalia ensifolia. More bulbs to follow on the next update including some rare ones like Massonia amoena, hopefully.

- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT 94230, Aughrabies Hills) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018

- Drimia uniflora (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018

- Massonia pygmaea var. pygmaea - harvest of spring 2019

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Most of the Ariocarpus are back on the list, as the original requester I reserved them for never was heard from again. Always nice. So a chance for others. Next to this I have added a lot of bulb seeds. Swapping only for now, but this might chance through the year. Removed a few that I have sown myself after it seems there was not much interest in those.

- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT 94230, Aughrabies Hills) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018

- Lachenalia aloides var. quadricolor (one portion of 11 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Lachenalia (Polyxena) ensifolia - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia amoena (one portion of 16 seeds left (a few of these seem much smaller so might be less viable)) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia echinata - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia hirsuta (one portion of 12 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia jasminiflora (ex Addo) (one portion of 14 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia longipes - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia aff. pseudoechinata - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia pustulata (mother plant possibly a Massonia hybrid, so can't guarentee this to be a "true" M. pustulata) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. khamiesbergensis (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. pygmaea - harvest of spring 2019

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The Ariocarpus and Anacampseros are now gone. But I have added Lachenalia kliprandensis. Turbinicarpus valdezianus is on its way, for next update...

Anyout with Mammillaria stella-de-tacubaya seeds or plants that would like to swap with me?

- Lachenalia aloides var. quadricolor (one portion of 11 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Lachenalia kliprandensis (one portion of 16 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia amoena (one portion of 16 seeds left (a few of these seem much smaller so might be less viable)) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia hirsuta (one portion of 12 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia jasminiflora (ex Addo) (one portion of 14 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia aff. pseudoechinata - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia pustulata (mother plant possibly a Massonia hybrid, so can't guarentee this to be a "true" M. pustulata) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. khamiesbergensis (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. pygmaea - harvest of spring 2019

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Some species gone (they will be donated to the bulb and seed list of the Southern African Bulb Group: www.sabg.tk), but I added a few too. Some of these are swapping only, and will be donated to the seedlist of Succulenta if there are not takers for them.

(Anyone with Mammillaria stella-de-tacubaya seeds or plants that would like to swap with me?)

- Fenestraria aurantiaca - harvest of summer 2018 and 2019
- Gymnocalycium deeszianum - harvest of summer 2019
- Habranthus tubispathus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018 and 2019
- Scilla violacea (one portion of 3 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Thelocactus hexaedrophorus - harvest of summer 2019
- Thelocactus nidulans - harvest of summer 2019
- Tulbaghia galpinii - harvest of summer 2018 and 2019

- Bulbine wiesei (one portion of 3 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Strombocactus disciformis - harvest of summer 2019
- Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. albiflorus - harvest of summer 2019
- Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. valdezianus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019

- Haworthia springbokvlakensis - harvest of summer 2019
- Resnova megaphylla (ex Tonteldoos) (one portion of 4 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus (one portion of 12 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Mostly things are gone. But I will add some things again in the coming weeks.

- Fenestraria aurantiaca (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018 and 2019
- Tulbaghia galpinii - harvest of summer 2019

- Bulbine wiesei (one portion of 3 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Strombocactus disciformis (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. albiflorus - harvest of summer 2019

- Haworthia springbokvlakensis - harvest of summer 2019
- Resnova megaphylla (ex Tonteldoos) (one portion of 4 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019