anyone grow or has intrest in growing CARNIVOROUS PLANTS??

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
KittieKAT

anyone grow or has intrest in growing CARNIVOROUS PLANTS??

Post by KittieKAT »

I have seeds for trade if interested....
Mostly dorsea's many different easy to grow types And some harder one's.

Message below if u have interests in trading
I would be willing to make a seed mix of a few diff species if the trade is good :D

If not no biggy more for me in the summer lol
BarryRice

Re: anyone grow or has intrest in growing CARNIVOROUS PLANTS

Post by BarryRice »

Drosera. :D
I'll grow it as long as it doesn't have glochids. Gaudy flowers a plus.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yes i noticed that too, this darn phone isn't very smart for a "smart" phone.... half the time it changes the words to such random things it makes no sence, but i gatta say it's alot closer then when i try to write echeveria and it writes "enchiva"
Lol
Brunãozinho

Post by Brunãozinho »

I always wanted to grow carnivorous but never could find one here, if interested in a trade, check my seedlist. ;)
Bruno
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

In case anyone still has interest in some of these this is what i have, i was gonna attach Photos of what they look like but there's to many to do so. But a simple google search can show u what they can and do look like!

*Drosera nitidula
*Drosera sessilifolia
*Drosera derbyensis
*Drosera burmanii
*Drosera pygmaea
*Drosera peltata
*Drosera paradoxa
*Drosera auriculata
*Venus fly trap 'bio hazard'

**I may have more to add in a few days once i finish sorting thru seeds** there is NOT alot of seeds to offer With certain seeds i have listed, but all are viable, Fresh - and should germinate good! : )
BRC

Post by BRC »

Just to clear something up, Dionaea ( venus fly trap )"bio hazard" seeds, are just going to produce normal Dionaea, to acquire another bio hazard (or whatever "variant" or cultivar of Dionaea) it can only be done through vegetative propagation.
We sailed through endless skies
Stars shine like eyes
The black night sighs
The moon in silver trees
Falls down in tears

Light of the night
The earth, a purple blaze
Of sapphire haze in orbital ways...
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Well i don't know how these seeds look all crazy when they grow then, defiantly NOT the regular dionaea which i also have?
They kinda look like crumpled up fussed traps some are 4 sided traps and others 2 or 3 but look realy oddly shapped, i don't kno if bio-hazard is the exact name of the VF seeds i have but that's what ny friend called them when he gave them to me, he bought them from some cultivator he met who does his own breeding and pollinating to create custom plants and or look a like cultivated species, soo till i get a better name that's what they are lol
BRC

Post by BRC »

I know what they are and how they look like Kittie, i am just saying that seed produced by the plant (normally) will not retain the mutation the mother plant has, and therefore the plant germinated will be regular Dionaea! Even if it did present partial mutation etc the plants could not be named Biohazard!!

In order for a plant to be named (in this case) Biohazard it must be a clone (or a clone of a clone) of the original plant!

I am not trying to be obnoxious or anything i just wanted clarify things so later on people don't get upset or something because they didn't get what they traded for, and to avoid issues later on with plants in circulation not being the plants they are supposed to be.
Stars shine like eyes
The black night sighs
The moon in silver trees
Falls down in tears

Light of the night
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Well u don't have to worry about that cause no one seems interested in CP seeds at the moment. But if they did want them i would have explained to them i would have told them what i told u in my first response, that they look like i detailed but that that's the name that was in the seeds packet and idk if they are its real name or what the guy calls them. Idk if they are a clone of a clone of a clone but i kno they lol pretty weird. But VFT are very hard to germinate i have only had a few lucky times I've Gotton germination that actually resulted in mature plant's. But that's my experience- then again the seeds i had at that time could have been old or whatever, these seeds are pretty fresh, but im gonna sow them if no one wants some so they don't get old after a while. I appreciate the info about the seeds but idk how they come out like the parent plants if they are suppose to be regular VFT (??) Ooh well!

Bu. These bio-hazard seeds "or whatever" Will almost eventually revert half way or all the way back toa normal VFT and then maybe back to biohazard look because they are usually very unstable but most types of freak VFT do this as well as cacti and other strange mutants from time to time.
BRC

Post by BRC »

There is a reason they are hard to germinate Kittie, it is due to it's short life span, after they are collected, they remain viable for a short period, after a month i believe the germination rate could go down to 50%!

Yes Biohazard along with other freakish VFT "cultivar" are very unstable, and there are reports of plants that completely revert to normal, and never go back to that freakish look! But then again, they could not have been true cultivars...see what i am trying to say?

What i was trying to explain and i probably didn't do a good job at it, is that in order to keep everything clean and good there certain "rules" one must follow and in the complicated realm of cultivars that is imperative, because with no "restrictions" anyone can claim whatever and gain much from other peoples hard work! Of course i am not claiming that was your intent, i was just trying to keep everything neat and clean, and allot of people who grow CP's are unaware of that fact most of the time!

For instance some time ago, there was a cultivar that people where completely obsessed, which was VTF "Dracula", which was a cross from two different clones. Early on people paid (for a VFT) a ridiculous amount of money for one...Years down the road there is VFT "Dracula" and a more recently discovered "Fake Dracula", a plant or plants that were created with the same cross, that generated a similar plant, that of course was sold around as the real "Dracula"! Fortunately people with a good eye have been alerting people and pointing the wrong clones out!

So in order to have a real cultivar that plant must be a clone of the real one! Pointing out that the seed provided is from a certain clone is all fine and dandy but people must know that there is a big chance that the plant germinated doesn't keep the mother plants traits, and, even if it did it must not be named whichever was the mother plants name was!

It is unfortunate that people do not seem interested, Carnivorous plants are great fun to grow and keep, and always seem to strike a cord on people when they are referred on a conversation!

To bad you live in the states, we could have done some trading :)!

Best of luck!
Stars shine like eyes
The black night sighs
The moon in silver trees
Falls down in tears

Light of the night
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yea i seem to be on the crappy side in the trading route for certain things i or other people want.

All i really kno is that my friend had got the seeds from a guy who had a bunch of REAL nice looking REAL' biohazard VFT's - excuse my novice but he bread them both together with the same plant and he also did some kinda cultures or something thing that escapes me no matter how recent someone told me about how its done, from the mother plant, I'm assuming to create more(?) Or maybe it has to do with seeds i have noooo idea, wish i payed more attention. Well anyways he gave him seeds his came out freakish but there's always a chance ofreverting, so either way u end uo with a VFT or a Freak one for a while :) but Cp's are cool reguardless so it shouldn't matter what they have unless they are really looking to do serious collecting and breeding to create a new type of ccultivation
JC Spines

Post by JC Spines »

Do you still have the Drosera seeds for trade?
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yup just would need to kno what u are interested in And have pm me i also have some offsets and babies of some other species!