succseed sub's trade for what i originally WANTED

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
KittieKAT

succseed sub's trade for what i originally WANTED

Post by KittieKAT »

I finally got my seeds from succseed. ...even Thoe i selected no substitutes, all the seeds i ordered were substituted ](*,)
Soo seeing if anyone will trade with me for what i got for subs for what i originally wanted, since i didn't get money back or store credit i can't order them from another site #-o
Oooh well, atleast they were REAL seeds this time lol :lol:

What i wanted/want:
1) Aloinopsis Peersii
2) Tromotriche Revoluta

What i got for a substitute:
1) Crassula Southii
2) Stapelia Variegata

Pm me or post below if you wanna trade for what i got for what i want, thanks :)
DaveW

Re: succseed sub's trade for what i originally WANTED

Post by DaveW »

You usually need to state NO SUBSTITUTES on your order KittieKAT. Just not listing any substitutes does not mean you will not get them from most seed suppliers if your first choice has run out. In fact you get their choice of substitutes not yours. As I have said elsewhere, to get the seeds you want since some listed are often in short supply you need to order as soon as a new seed list is issued because there is a great demand for the choice species which soon sell out.

With online orders now some firms will email you what they still have that you have ordered before you pay if using PayPal and they send.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

I did state no substitutes, when i emailed him he said that's just what he does reguardless of clicking or telling him no substitutes or not...which i don't get that at ALL. I ordered on Nov 15th i didn't even kno about seed list updating, but he should have emailed me and told me that they were out of stock, of gave me store credit or my money back and only charged for the rest of the stuff my friend got for himself
K.W.

Post by K.W. »

Good evening Kat,

Mats is one of the best and most reputable dealers worldwide.
He has thousands of very satisfied customers. . .
I have not talked to anyone who had such problems as you, Kat.

When is it went wrong, you should check off it. S... happens. . .

sometime it is enough with the complaining

Best wishes

K.W.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

And I'm not complaining but asking if anyone wants to trade, i was simply explaining my situation and why I'm trading and what I'm trading for, And answering everyone's comments. I personally haven't heard of anyone having any problems with ordering from mats, but this was my experience with using his site, this isn't a review for his service this is a trade request....
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Did you get a reply from Mats Winberg himself KitteKAT?
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yea, why?
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Just wondered if it was the boss or just an assistant KittieKAT. SuccSeed is usually pretty good as others have said so I am surprised.

I would contact him again as I can see nothing in their terms and conditions about automatic substitution for seed out of stock, nor an order form stating this?

We are protected far more in the EU than you are in the USA KittieKAT , Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware) was outlawed over here many years ago and our regulations apply to anything anybody buys from the EU, including yourself.

From the following link:-

"Information that should be set out in the terms and conditions

The terms and conditions should:

make it clear who is selling the product, together with the geographical and email address;

describe clearly what the customer is getting and what it will cost, including all taxes and delivery costs; and
identify the arrangements for delivery of the product.

http://www.out-law.com/page-424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Failing satisfactory resolution you can always complain to the Swedish Ombudsman:-

http://www.konsumentverket.se/otherlang ... er-Agency/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

I don't wanna complain to anyone about his service, i mean atleast they were REAL seeds this time, instead of all the fake ones i was getting buying online...grrrrrr.....
And i too didn't read anything about automatic subs...?? So idk why it happened? ?
I never heard anything bad about his company or using it, so i guess that's why I'm catching alot of heat from people posting this topic...
He signed off on the email as Mats W. So i assume it was him personally?? I tried emailing him again about it and haven't received a reply back, also my friend who ordered with me e-mailed him cause he is missing one set of seeds that he ordered and no sub was given...he has yet to get a reply but we'll see.
Hopeful in the mean time i can swap the subs i got for what i wanted, in spring we'llbe getting into Titans and aloinopsis and tromo's so I'd like to get some seeds to have the kids sow since donations have hit a new low this year, and i wanna keep this program running after the tragedy of losing almost all the kids plant's to burns and freeze :(
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I have just had two different UK Society seed lists KittieKAT and both state to indicate some substitutes in case those ordered are sold out, and one also has a tick box if you don't want substitutes and prefer a credit note to be used in future orders instead. That is what SuccSeed ought to state in their Terms and Conditions if they want to substitute for seeds out of stock. Obviously it is a lot of trouble and not cost effective making refunds for the odd packet or two not available therefore substitutes or credit notes are the most effective way, but the Terms and Conditions should state that to be legal in the EU I believe?
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Idk, when i read the terms that's what i thought they would do and what other people told me they would do if i ticked the box that said no substitutes and wrote in the comment box to seller that i wanted no substitutes to give a refund or store credit and i even emailed him and asked if i should pick subs or will he just charge ME for what's available ans he said he will only charge me for what's available on my list ans when i got the substitutes i emailed him and said i thought you weren't gonna give me subs and just charge me for what i ordered that was available? And he said that that's what he does sometimes...soo i was kinda upset that he told me one thing when i ordered then completely took it back after the order was sent and i saw he gave me substitutes. Cause i would have listed substitutes that i wanted if i knew he wasn't gonna only charge me for what was available like he told me. Still haven't Gotton a response from my last Email and my friend said he's missing one packet of seeds that he ordered and there isn't a substitute for it? And he's waiting for a reply aswell. Maybe it's just my luck :shrugs: atleast they aren't FAKE seeds, like ALL they other seeds I've ordered past few months...
But it seems no one is interested in trading for what he substituted with for what i wanted/want, or maybe people are mad that i spoke abou. Getting substitutes in general and not being thrilled about it. But it's nNOT like I'm writing a review on my experience with him and his business, i just told people what happened and asked if anyone would like to trade..but i don't think anyone likes what i have enough to offer anything to me that I'm looking for. Ooh, well
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

In my case I only grow cacti KittieKAT and will not give "houseroom" to Other Succulents! :D Therefore I only set Cactus seed.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Lol i have some space for some, thoe the cacti do tend to run the show and get the most room in the sun porch.
Thoe it's kinda hard to share a living space with cacti and succulents on the sun porch, doesn't leave much room for a bed an storage for clothes And stuff lol!!
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

KittieKAT wrote: What i wanted/want:
1) Aloinopsis Peersii
2) Tromotriche Revoluta
Please note that on the BCSS (England) forum there is a free seed list that also includes seeds from 'Tromotriche revolta', I suspect it being Tromotriche revoluta. You might want to give this a chance.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Do they ship to the US and do i have to join?