Alittle Late Morels..

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
*Barracuda_52*

Alittle Late Morels..

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

:D Well this is alittle late but better than nothing, this is from the second load hubby pulled in from down the 2 track next to the house.
Its been a bad spring to start but its better than nothing, hubby is going alone this yr as i have way to much to do around here and ontop of that with my knees being toast and very painful i cant get around like i use to, hub has a hard time as well he falls alot due to lack of control of his legs from the MS so we stay incontact via phone as to his wear abouts at all times or incase he falls and cant get up. I have NEVER missed being out mushrooming in over 29 yrs and with me not pulling my share in we are just not getting enough this yr. :( :( We sold 4 pounds of blacks befour these pics and this pile brought us another 4 pounds we sold, all our regular customers are knockin at the door and leaving notes in mail box asking for morels as they had bad time finding any. So hub is back out today scrounging for more to satisfy our regulars, that money helps pay bills every spring. This yr blacks are $30.00 a pound and whites and grays are $50.00 a pound, once the giants blow then it will be $55.00 a pound.

ENJOY!! We sure do :mrgreen: we always keep few to eat.. YUMMY... :P

Im very depressed im not out there picking.. :(
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
DustBunny

Re: Alittle Late Morels..

Post by DustBunny »

Nice haul :) I know they grow around here and I see people trying to discretely look for them in the woods behind my place but I only ever found 1 lol. I don't put much effort into hunting for them though and no doubt the hardcore hunters get to them before I wander along...
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I want to eat them.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Tony

Post by Tony »

Glad to see you finally got into em Tracey. :)
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
John C

Post by John C »

I am happy to see that you are finding some now! Better late than never! I'm sorry to hear your knees still bother you though :x
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
majcka

Post by majcka »

daiv wrote:I want to eat them.
I don't. But am still happy for Tracy to get her "job" back. Image
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook