Your opinions about my small plants.

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
Christer Johansson

Your opinions about my small plants.

Post by Christer Johansson »

Hi there.

I just want to here what you think about my plants that have grown i one season. The growingcase is about 20 x 16 cm wide, and the cereus nearly 4 cm high.

What do you think? :)

Thanks.

/Chrizz
hablu

Post by hablu »

Hi Chrizzz, that looks fine to me. Did you had great loss to get this? And: what name belongs to the numbers on the tags? I recognize Astro's, but the others?? Harry
Christer Johansson

Well, I bought my seed from http://www.succseed.com and did use up half of the seeds in the bags. Some species where low in growing %, but in all I didn't loss so many. From left there is Echinocereus pulchellus ´aguerrei´ #317, Arrojadoa reflexa #4190, Astrophytum myriostigma #29, Echinopsis mamillosa v. hystrichoides WR 308 #437, Rebutia fiebrigii and Cereus repandus. First batch I ever tried I got problems with sciara flies, but now I nuke it in the microwave before using the soil :)

/Chrizz
Bill in SC

Post by Bill in SC »

Look like you have the knack for seed growing! Congratulations!!
Bill in SC
Christer Johansson

You should be warned, once you start you soon allmost drown in cacti :lol: After my first season I have about 100 small plant all over my home :)

BE WARNED! :) :)

/Chrizz
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Christer Johansson wrote:You should be warned, once you start you soon allmost drown in cacti :lol: After my first season I have about 100 small plant all over my home :)

BE WARNED! :) :)

/Chrizz
Thats why I grow cold hardy cacti, they grow outside so there not in my house. Of course my yard is slowly being overtaken by cacti :lol:
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Nice bunch Chrizz -much better at growing from seed than I am.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
iann

Post by iann »

I love growing from seed. I try to only sow a handful of each but sometimes I sow too many. There are at least half a dozen species where I have over 30 seedlings this year!
--ian