Cuttings of Pachanoi.

Multiplying your cacti vegetatively.
cactologist

Cuttings of Pachanoi.

Post by cactologist »

Hi, everyone!

I have scoured domestic (i.e., US) sources far and wide for cuttings of trichocereus pachanoi (i.e., echinopsis pachanoi). The only source I found was cacti.com.

Does anyone know if that vendor is reliable? I am looking for that species itself, not a hybridization or otherwise impure plant.

Does anyone have any other vendor recommendations where I could purchase that plant?

Thank you!
modern.shaman

Re: Cuttings of Pachanoi.

Post by modern.shaman »

There are MANY sources for trichocereus pachanoi in the US. A simple google search brings up numerous sources and ebay is flooded with auctions.
cactologist

Post by cactologist »

I checked the "Good places to get Cactus" thread from the General section and actually contacted many of the vendors first-hand. Many don't carry it, while others were out of stock. It's harder than it seems, at least for a novice!

Principally, I'm looking for a well-trusted source. Many hits on Google just look like dubious headshops. I'd prefer a vendor with a reputation for health, etc.
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

Are you saying you don't want to use Ebay or did you not notice modern shaman's suggestion? He is right that there are tons of them on there. Ebay is a great place to get plants as long as you choose a good seller. That is fairly easy to do if you check the seller rating. Just look for someone with a lot of prior sales and a very high seller rating (no lower than 99.5%).
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
cactologist

Post by cactologist »

I'm going to give eBay a shot!
promethean_spark

Post by promethean_spark »

I see them regularly at home depot and walmart. If you want collection location or # your options are pretty limited though. I'd suggest mesagarden's seed offering #1283.5125-peruvianus Huancabamba, thick blue frosted stem, short sp. They're reputable and you get 25 seed for $1.10. These guys are easy to grow from seed.
Joel143

Post by Joel143 »

I've gotten mine from ebay as well as from a seller with their own site (who also sells on ebay). Like Saxicola mentioned check the seller ratings. The cactus I've received were excellent specimens....I was very pleased with what I got.
cefalophone

Post by cefalophone »

If you need a cutting pm me. I use them for graft stock and have too many at the moment. Sacred succulents is also a good source for habitat type seeds.
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

huh. I have seen them at Walmart, HD, Lowes, and a few other places. Right now they dont have many cacti at the Walmart at least but it might be because I live in AZ that they have those. I dont know about other places but they are carried as lanscape plants here. I have some, but I won't trade them. It's such a common plant, I dont know why you can't find one google is your friend.
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
cactushobbyman

Post by cactushobbyman »

I posted some on Ebay and sold them plus 5 extra cuttings the same day. Not sure if they are pure, buyer was very happy. :D
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

btw I am wondering if he wanted pure ones for a specific reason. Apparently these type of cacti are starting to replace another famous plant for taking in substances. I have seen the prices some people charge for them, I could get rich in a few years :)
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
pbetts303

Post by pbetts303 »

http://www.trichocereus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;