Cactus icons

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
SkyClan Cat

Cactus icons

Post by SkyClan Cat »

General green colors are a start, but for most themed forums, it's not enough to just have colors. The little icons, like the "new post/no new post", need to be related to the subject. So I started making these.

Set 1- Image Image
Set 2- Image Image

The non-flowering cactus in set 1 doesn't quite fill up the dimensions of the canvas, and I don't know if that would be a problem (I'm not really familiar with the workings of forum software), so I made set 2 just in case. Well, plus the fact that I wasn't sure if the flowered cactus would look better with three flowers or one big one.
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
jnspire

Re: Cactus icons

Post by jnspire »

I like it!

I think that is a cool idea and "should" only involve uploading via FTP to the server and changing the image names.

The only other improvement to the new/no-new post images on the sides of threads would be the ability to click them for posts forum members are not interested in so that they stop being informed of new posts that they don't want to follow. Just a side note.

Perhaps daiv will plug these in, that would be neat me thinks. :)