Help to identify my plant?

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
abohm

Help to identify my plant?

Post by abohm »

Hi there! I purchased this plant just under a year ago and lately have been curious as to what it might be called. I found this board and figured someone might be able to help me! To give you an idea of the size, I have it planted in a coffee mug right now.

Thank you!
-Ashley

Tony

Post by Tony »

Its an Aloe of some sort, looks somewhat like Aloe millotii the way it is now, but might be a different species Im not familiar with or may just be etiolated and look totally different when grown in stronger light.
Where do you grow it?
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
abohm

Post by abohm »

Tony wrote:Its an Aloe of some sort, looks somewhat like Aloe millotii the way it is now, but might be a different species Im not familiar with or may just be etiolated and look totally different when grown in stronger light.
Where do you grow it?
I am growing it indoors right now. It's currently planted in a coffee mug and I keep it under a lamp. I was wondering about whether or not a lack of natural sunlight (or at least a stronger light) might have anything to do with its appearance and/or health...
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

:hello2: Hi Ashley and welcome to CactiGuide, i agree with Tony looks like a Aloe, deffinetly needs stronger light. I would also get it into a pot that has drainage. 8)
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
majcka

Post by majcka »

That for sure is aloe juvenna. It has lengthen because of not enough light. I had one of those myself. At the end it turned brown.
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

its an aloe. I would also say it hasn't gotten enough light because of the very light green color with almost white in it, at least the ones where I live that get not enough light look like that.
I am sorry but I do not know which aloe that is.
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
Tiggy

Help identify my plant?

Post by Tiggy »

Peterthecactusguy wrote:its an aloe. I would also say it hasn't gotten enough light because of the very light green color with almost white in it, at least the ones where I live that get not enough light look like that.
I am sorry but I do not know which aloe that is.
I also have one of these planted in a rockery, we also have a similar plant which has been left out all winter for a few years now and it bears up very well in quite severe conditions. A tough little plant this. Susi
Nature Lover
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiggy/267725810010423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89973039@ ... 383469537/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;