Euphorbia Help

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
CactusLover

Euphorbia Help

Post by CactusLover »

Is it just natural corking on my Euphorbia or it's drying out? I re-potted this Euphorbia aeruginosa in the summer since it was root bound. It hasn't grown at all since then, and now it looks like might be drying out. Should I leave it as is until spring or can I take cuttings now? I know Euphorbias are difficult to root, but I would hate to loose this plant. Thanks everybody in advance.

Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
Tony

Post by Tony »

I would just wait until next summer to take cuttings, as long as its just corking(thats what it looks like to me)and not rotting.
I havent had any difficulty rooting this one as long as it was done during the warmer summer months.
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

It looks like corking to me too. This one is very sensitive to freezing temperatures, but presume that you have it inside. Anyway, it should be good until summer. Wait until it is quite warm to cut and root it.
Buck Hemenway
CactusLover

Post by CactusLover »

Buck, Tony, thank you so much for your replies. It's inside. Should I water it at all during winter?
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Presuming that you have it in the house, yes watering once in a while will help it throught the winter.
Buck Hemenway