High tech

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
peter

High tech

Post by peter »

:lol:
Seen this today and I like it!
Do you know what it is?
I know!

Steve Stephens

Post by Steve Stephens »

Oh, that's the little car that Mr. Schmitt has been Messer-ing around with. A real cutie.
As a kid I attended the NY auto show at the Colleseum and saw those there. That would have been around 1952 or 53 I think. I also saw one on the road in Hartsdale, NY when they were new and almost laughed myself apart from the sight of that silly looking car. Never did get a ride in one though.
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

I think the guys on Top Gear had some fun with those once. But it might have been a different car.

I laughed at a Yugo and a LeCar that I saw driving down the road. The Yugo was going around 50MPH on the freeway. The LeCar was parked on a side street in Washington DC and looked like a toy car! :)
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
peter

Post by peter »

Thanks for answers!

Steve, you are right! Congrats! ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_KR200
Steve Stephens

Post by Steve Stephens »

Come to remember Peter, I did see a few Kabin Rollers when I was stationed in Bitburg Germany during 1964-66 but, by then, not very many. I wonder what they are like to drive or does one "ride" them since they are, technically, a motorcycle having but three wheels. One would make a good small greenhouse for a few flats of cacti.
TimN

Post by TimN »

There is one of those around here in Phoenix. He has the plexiglass bubble top on his. I don't think he drives it except in the winter.

Nice ones sell at auction for $20K-$40K depending on how stiff the bartender at the bidder bar is pouring drinks!
Disclaimer: I'm in sunny Arizona, so any advice I give may not apply in your circumstances.

Tim
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Fun sighting! I suppose if Mr. Bean were in the area he'd run that guy off the road. :lol:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti