Edit: Micro photos of Echinocerous pentalophorus seeds

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Dalesmicro

Edit: Micro photos of Echinocerous pentalophorus seeds

Post by Dalesmicro »

Hi, It has been a while since I have had time to post any pictures, but I continue my interests in cacti and other plants.

I have posted plant, fruit, and flower pictures for this plant in the identification section at http://cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17562 Edit: and it has been identified as Echinocerous pentalophorus.

The following are some higher powered photos of the seeds. Again for what ever reason, the seeds are highly textured.

daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hi Dale,
I'm glad to see this post from you. I just don't see cactus the same way as you do with the microscope! Literally! So it is nice to get a close-up view of them.

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Dalesmicro

Mammillaria microhelia var. microhelopsis Seeds

Post by Dalesmicro »

I posted pictures for this plant in the identification section at: http://cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17567 and thanks to the members there seems to be agreement that this is Mammillaria microhelia var. microhelopsis. The following are higher magnification seed pictures. The seeds are a 50:50 mixture of seeeds from dried fruit and fresh fruit, I really couldn't see any difference. The texture is bumps, not depressions.

Shmuel

Post by Shmuel »

Totally amazing! I love your stuff - thanks!!!

Shmuel
Amazing plants, amazing form, amazing flowers...
Amazing cacti!