American Hort Society...

Share information on Cacti Books, Websites, Periodicals, etc.
daiv
Site Admin

American Hort Society...

Post by daiv »

My friend Ron has a rather large libray of plant books. Only a handful of them are cactus books. He loaned several of these to me to look over. They are all general treatments of cactus and succulents, not anything like B&R's "Cactaceae" and not any specific monographs for any given genus.

Anyway, here are some excerpts from the American Hort Society's "Cacti and Succulents" Copyright 1982 published by the hort society.

The Cover:

Some pictures that I found amusing:

"Hen and Chicks" -both organic and ceramic!

One for the ladies - what to do with your leftover pantyhose containers:

I hope this isn't supposed to be "Euphorbia Stew"!

And this image was by far my favorite. Not simply because the debonair mustachioed gent, but the obvious etiolation along with the caption:
Stand-up mirrors provide a dramatic backdrop for large cacti specimens in an apartment living room.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Note: I am pretty sure this book is long out of print and I don't think the use above is a copyright infringement. That is, it may technically be so, but I am fairly convinced that the authors would not object. I am willing to be corrected on that, however, if the above post is deemed as a bad thing to do.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Tony

Post by Tony »

Putting those poor marginati in the living room, now thats a bad thing to do... :P
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony