Additional feature...

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
daiv
Site Admin

Additional feature...

Post by daiv »

OK this isn't that big of a deal, but it might come in handy now and then.

I've added a "Send this page to a friend" feature on the site. I tested it and am pretty sure it is functioning as it ought to. Again, if you find errors, please let me know!

You can find the link to it at the top of the page, under the top nav-bar:

It doesn't work on the keyword search page because that uses temporary data stored in a variable that is only used the one time ($_POST).

And it doesn't work on the results page of advanced search, since that uses sessions in the same temporary way.

As if you care about that! I'll probably just remove it from those pages so it won't be an issue, but I don't feel like it right now. :roll:

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
king_hedes

Post by king_hedes »

thats cool that will be useful
plant zone 9a
Matt Ivy
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

useful indeed!
maybe a good next step would be to do the same to forum pages, so pictures and discussions can also be shared more easily.
you've really improved an already very good website a lot, winter DOES count for something!
With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

StrUktO wrote:winter DOES count for something!
You got it! I've really been focusing on it lately because I can just feel spring in the air and I know I'll be lucky to just keep up on the forum here, let alone work on other things.

Still a couple of major features that I really hope I can get done before the spring melt!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

I will defintely use that feature. Not on the forum pages?
Buck Hemenway