TimN 2010 Collection Photos

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
peterb

Post by peterb »

haha, Tim, this is a mad, mad photo thread.

It's great to see all your plants. A great little cadre of Epithelantha you have going there.

The Escobaria vivipara are all variety arizonica as far as I can tell. Except for the last one, which does look like desertii. Where is that one from?

peterb
Zone 9
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

Keep 'em coming Tim, I really like your collection.
It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
TimN

Post by TimN »

Thanks all! I appreciate the nice feedback.

Peter, I bought that E. vivivpara ssp desertii from Jan at Destination Forever Ranch in Yucca, AZ. It's a rescue according to him. I bought it from him at at spring sale in Tucson a couple of years ago. I'll take your word on the IDs, thanks!
Disclaimer: I'm in sunny Arizona, so any advice I give may not apply in your circumstances.

Tim
iann

Post by iann »

You'll be pleased to know that G. joosensianum is considered a synonym of G. anisitsii, although the NCL seems to think otherwise. In fact possibly a synonym of ssp damsii, which makes sense with plants I've seen including the pink flower. Yours looks different although Gargamel Cactus shows one very similar under that name.

I also have to shade G. anisitsii (ssp anisitsii), one of the few cacti that I have to give shade to right through the summer. It still toasts up brown and very wrinkly, then goes fat and green again in winter.
--ian
John C

Post by John C »

Beautiful collection!
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"