Boily's ramdon photo's, Chaos to order, 2009 & 2010 pict

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Boily

Boily's ramdon photo's, Chaos to order, 2009 & 2010 pict

Post by Boily »

A few months back unorganised chaos in the hothouse, which measures 8 x 1.5 metres.

Got a carpenter in and built some benches. What a difference, now some organisation! Will post some new pictures soon
iann

Post by iann »

It doesn't look so bad. You should see my porch after the emergency evacuation of the greenhouse ;)
--ian
Tony

Post by Tony »

Well the plants dont look like they minded the mess much. :)
It really is nice having stuff up off the floor though, your back will certainly thank you for the new benches.
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Looking forward to the "after" picture. Is that a big Echinocactus platyacanthus in the bottom left?
Last edited by daiv on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Saguaro123

Post by Saguaro123 »

Not bad at all! Nice hothouse! 8)
Boily

Post by Boily »

The end result, excellant job! I also have a lower bench about 4 metres long where I intend to try some seed raising. I was suprised to discover I had over 400 different species! The collection has now grown closer to 500 since this photo was taken and the staging is filling up fast!
A better view from the other end, showing the treated pine decking, seed raising rack and laserlight roofing. The photo is taken from my access manhole in the end, which was built in so I could reach all around the end bench, which is 1.5 x 1.5 metres. I'm really happy with the set up, but soon I'll be wishing it was bigger :lol:
I'll post a few of my better pictures from the last half of 2009, stay tuned....... Ben
Boily

Post by Boily »

I've been taking qutie a few photo's, however I'm a bit of a beginner with the camera. Some seem to be clearer and in focus so I'll just post those ones. This is Mammillaria microhelia just starting a nice flowering effort.
hoven5th

Post by hoven5th »

very nice Mamm. M. microhelia is one of the most attractive of the Mamms in my opinion. Too bad you missed the photo contest!
Beginner
peterb

Post by peterb »

Very nice indeed! It's so inspiring to see a forum member who has so much room to buy new plants. haha. I'm maxed out and itching to grow more. As always.

peterb
Zone 9
king_hedes

Post by king_hedes »

that looks really good
plant zone 9a
Matt Ivy
Boily

Post by Boily »

5 Stenocactus in bloom! Thought it was a nice photo. Bottom left and bottom middle I have no botanical name for. Any idea's? Top left is tagged S.crispatus, top right S.lancifer and bottom right S.Lau 1377. Are they correct? These all flowered in September, and I cross pollinated randomly, all produced a stack of seed, might be interesting to grow...
Boily

Post by Boily »

Another unidentified Stenocactus. Thought this was a nice bud close up photo. It's a large plant about 17cm high, any idea's what name?
Close up of the flowers blooming!
Side view of the entire plant, might help ID..... thanks!
peterb

Post by peterb »

Great looking Stenocactus! That last one I'd say is vaupelianus. Huge flowers. Was it very hot when you took the photo? Not sure on the ones in your other photo. I have a devil of time telling these ones apart.

peterb
Zone 9
iann

Post by iann »

I'm still admiring the new staging. And planning ... ;)
--ian
Tony

Post by Tony »

Yup, looks real good and you have some great lookin stenocacti. 8)
I think Peters got your ID on the last one.
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony