Senecio

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Mike

Senecio

Post by Mike »

Hi,

1. I have had this for awhile, was larger leaved and greener than now. Had thought rowleyanus, but just got a S citriformis and not too sure.
When I got it,

Now, witha pot of citriformis

its flower - seems like rowleyanus flower, can't fine one of citriformis tho to compare.

Here are two different ones I was debating about getting. no names tho.

2. no idea on this one Image

3. Maybe S crassisimus? Image
swords

Post by swords »

Hey man, thanks for posting about these. I can't help much with ID but I have that same last plant and probably the S. citriformis or more likely your unnamed. However the leaves on mine have red/purple candy striping on them, the stems is also reddish purple. The deep colors came after putting it about 3" under some FL lights otherwise it's plain old green.

Here's my Senecio vine:
Last edited by swords on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony

Post by Tony »

The #2 "no idea" pic looks to be Senecio jacobsenii or Kleinia petraea, which ever you prefer I guess.
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

I agree with Tony re:S. jacobsenii. Have you considered S. radicans for the vine? The bloom is the same as for S. rowleyanus which is definitely connected to radicans. The deeply colored one is usually referred to as a S. radicans form. I had it ID'd in SA by two people who I have confidence in as S. radicans, but who knows. The descritpions in the Handbook of Succulents makes them sound like the same plant, of course no pictures. There is a pretty big difference in the description of the flower. The flower is almost certainly S. radicans. They smell like cloves.
Buck Hemenway