strange cactus help!!!!!

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
spinygirl

strange cactus help!!!!!

Post by spinygirl »

:? :? :? Hi there it's spinygirl again and I have bought another cactus and need help to find out what it is. You guys were right about my last inquiry (euphorbia trigona) so I am back to ask again. This cactus is the size and shape of a baseball. The spines are in small clusters in concentric pattern all over it and it appears to be covered in a fine hair. The spines are tipped a reddish color and they are very sharp. When I bought it it had small flowers in a circle around the top. They were a bright rose pink with a yellow inside. I hope you can identify this cactus for me as I couldn't find it in all of my books. Thanks for your help!!! I forgot to mention the fine hair is a pale yellow color.
M.mestre

Post by M.mestre »

I tink this is a description of one mammillaria ,but i may be a wizzard to wkow which,

It´s an extensive genus,to id without a photo

Have a look to this link ,may be you´ll find it

http://www.mammillarias.net/gallery/

Good luck with your id

Miguel
Mike

Post by Mike »

I agree that is probably impossible to id without a photo. SOmetimes we can't even get with a photo. The yellow mammillaries I have are laui subducta, carmenae and schiedeana. Good luck. Mike