Share your pets here

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Di

Hannah Rose, my hedgehog the day I picked her........

Post by Di »

Hi guys,

I have no idea what I am doing but looking at Craig's pictures tonight someone told him how to post a picture. Hope this works. Hannah Rose is 3 weeks and 2 days old.The day I fell in love with her.Image

My friend Randy took the pictures. He is the breeder.

The next two are the day I brought her home when she was 8 1/2 weeks old. She is such a sweetheart.

ImageImage

Di

I am so proud of myself. I did it. I posted my first pictures on a computer although I wasn't the one to take any of them! :D
Di

Biko, my African Grey

Post by Di »

This is Biko Robert Dela Rose, my grey. He is now 19. This picture was taken last summer. Image

Biko is a plucker just like Alex, the famous grey was. He also has some red feathers on his neck like Alex. He started plucking 9 years ago when his favourite cat died. He used to say, Boobie, Boobie come here. When Boobie died at the age of 20, Biko just said Boobie....Boobie and started to pluck.

Ha, now that I have figured out how to post pictures, you/I have created a monster! I took this with my non digital camera and had the place put it on disk. Now, I can take pictures of my cacti and succulents and post some.

Di
Di

Emma Orange Blossom & Smedley Hoover......

Post by Di »

Here are two of my cats. Born from a feral mom. They will be 9 years old this month. Emma is the dark one, Smedley her litter mate is the orange guy.Image

Di
Di

Cali, my rescue dog...warning.graphic photos...

Post by Di »

I took Cali in at the age of 9 months knowing she was a mange dog. If you don't want to see the gross pictures, roll down to the bottom with your eyes closed and start from the bottom. I spent months and months getting her healthy and never gave up on my sweet Cali. Her immune system was so bad she got way worse before she got better but she has been mange free for 9 months.

Cali now!

Many thought I should have put her to sleep. As long as she ate, wagged her tail and showed she wanted to live, I was not going to give up. No one would touch her or go near her. She smelled quite bad. She stayed inside for months and peed on her pee pads. I spent every waking minute when at home sitting beside her and washing her skin. If you could see her running in the park now, going up the ramp of the slide, across the little bridge and going down the slide, you would see that I made the right choice. Her hair is still sparse in places but is growing in leaps and bounds. The t-shirt was to protect her from the sun.

Hope I didn't gross any of you out. Cali turned 3 in December and is so loved by many and has many doggy friends.

Di
dustin0352

Post by dustin0352 »

Di I bet there are millions of happy dogs in this world, but none as HAPPY as Cali!! You have done the greatest thing I have ever know someone to do! Like you mentioned most would have put her down. Not you. You can see it in her eyes in the first picture that she wants to be loved, and you gave her the love and attention she needed. I honestly think it was that that brought her back to good health. Just look how happy she is now!! GREAT JOB!!!!!
Di

Post by Di »

dustin0352 wrote:Di I bet there are millions of happy dogs in this world, but none as HAPPY as Cali!! You have done the greatest thing I have ever know someone to do! Like you mentioned most would have put her down. Not you. You can see it in her eyes in the first picture that she wants to be loved, and you gave her the love and attention she needed. I honestly think it was that that brought her back to good health. Just look how happy she is now!! GREAT JOB!!!!!
Thank you so much Dustin. I had many a night that I cried and questioned my decision to continue on. When she got well, I had to throw away the bed in the guest room. I lay beside her hours on end. I kissed her nose when she was at her grossest. When people said I was being unkind, I said she wants to live. SHE DID WANT TO LIVE! When I adopt a pet, they are for life, not until they are an inconvenience. I have always said, that is why God created VISA. Of course, had she stopped eating and wanted to go, I would have done the right thing.
On a funny note, whenever Cali walked or shook, blood splattered everywhere. It is even on my bedroom ceiling after I had just had it painted. Needs to be repainted. I thought it would be fun to call in CSI Vegas, New York and Miami to figure out the crime from the blood spatter. On all my walls, ceilings....... OK, I am a little warped. I don't think they could have figured it out. Well maybe Horatio. I am still finding blood and she hasn't been that way for months. She is now the goofiest, most fun loving dog and I can't keep up with her energy. I so love her. My previous dog was a dog I brought home from Cozumel, Mexico. Street dog for about 6 or 7 years. She had heartworm, babesia and many parasites. Spent months getting Isabela healthy and finally happy to have a home. I only had her 3 1/2 years. She developed severe pancreatic cancer that spread to her liver. I took my vacation to be with her and she passed away in my arms at home. I was sleeping on the floor in the livingroom with her as she couldn't handle the stairs anymore. Isabela made me realize the joy of rescue dogs and within 2 1/2 months of Isabela's passing, Cali arrived on a plane from Greece. Found her on PetFinders. I better have her for many more years.
Thanks again for your kind words!
Di
BTW, her t-shirt says, My mom rescued me
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Egads! That mange is really nasty stuff! Glad to hear the story had a happy ending at least.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

John C wrote:Beautiful reptiles Daiv!
Reptiles are my favorite animals especially snakes!
If you could get a full shot of your boa that would be cool!
6 months later... :roll:

And another shot of a cal king...
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
CelticRose

Post by CelticRose »

Di, GOOD FOR YOU! =D> You did the right thing by Cali. Poor doggie to have to go through all that. :( I'm so glad she's doing better now. :)

Emma and Smedley look like cool cats. 8)

Biko looks like one cool bird. 8) So sad that he misses his friend. :(

Hannah Rose is adorable! :love10:

Sorry, Daiv, but I'm just not a snake person. :wink:
My mind works in mysterious ways.

I'm all a-Twitter: http://twitter.com/RosCeilteach

My needlework blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com
Di

Post by Di »

daiv wrote:
John C wrote:Beautiful reptiles Daiv!
Reptiles are my favorite animals especially snakes!
If you could get a full shot of your boa that would be cool!
6 months later... :roll:

And another shot of a cal king...
Beautiful pictures. Your snakes are gorgeous. I couldn't own one myself as I would have a problem with feeding them.....OK and possibly touching them. :) But I do admire them and think they are amazing creatures.
Di

Post by Di »

CelticRose wrote:Di, GOOD FOR YOU! =D> You did the right thing by Cali. Poor doggie to have to go through all that. :( I'm so glad she's doing better now. :)

Emma and Smedley look like cool cats. 8)

Biko looks like one cool bird. 8) So sad that he misses his friend. :(

Hannah Rose is adorable! :love10:

Sorry, Daiv, but I'm just not a snake person. :wink:
Thanks Celtic Rose. I can see you are possibly smitten with little Hannah Rose.

I will start taking more pictures as she is a big girl now and has changed colour.
julie

Post by julie »

Here's my dear Shadow. Two years ago I found her as a tiny terrified kitten at the local animal shelter. She's now queen of the household.

Di

Post by Di »

julie wrote:Here's my dear Shadow. Two years ago I found her as a tiny terrified kitten at the local animal shelter. She's now queen of the household.

What a beautiful cat! So glad you rescued her.

Di
CelticRose

Post by CelticRose »

Shadow is beautiful! :)

Let's hear it for everyone who rescues animals! :cheers:
My mind works in mysterious ways.

I'm all a-Twitter: http://twitter.com/RosCeilteach

My needlework blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

I'm a little late to this party, but here is Mindy. She is my rescue. She (and about 50 other dogs, cats, horses and birds) was removed from a neglectful owner. She was miserable, had been used as a puppy factory, and lived in a cage that hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. The Deputies who removed the animals had to wear gas masks to go into the "kennel".

It took two years before she would let anyone but me pet her, and now she thinks she owns the world... and is my most faithful gardening companion, as evidenced by the dirt beard in this picture! If I could only get her to recognise and pull weeds she would be the perfect pet.