After germination question

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
CoffeeAddict

After germination question

Post by CoffeeAddict »

OK, so I have several pots right now that have tiny seedlings in them. It has been about 45 days. Do I still need heat or can I have them moved to a spot in my house that is better light flourescently?
Joe

Zone 5a/5b
gio

Post by gio »

It depends on what you have sown, I hold some species even more than a year, if they are adenium-pachypodium that grow quickly and you have outside temperatures over 20 ° c then you can leave them but if they are slow as Strombocactus-Aztechium then have 45 days few.

Giovanni.
peterb

Post by peterb »

Supplemental heat is probably not needed after 6 weeks, especially this time of year as it warms up. The increase in light is probably a good idea right about now.

peterb
Zone 9
CoffeeAddict

Post by CoffeeAddict »

peterb wrote:Supplemental heat is probably not needed after 6 weeks, especially this time of year as it warms up. The increase in light is probably a good idea right about now.

peterb
Well if I move them to more flourescents they will be at about 70 degrees. Do you think 70 is ok?
Joe

Zone 5a/5b
peterb

Post by peterb »

70 degrees seems a little low to spur growth. Why so cool? I'll guess air conditioning.

I figured they'd be at more like 80-85. Maybe continued heat along with more light would be good after all.

peterb
Zone 9