wilty cactus idea

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
bc30629

wilty cactus idea

Post by bc30629 »

So my cactus is really tall and skinny and has had trouble holding itself up. So i transplanted the other day and now the cactus is totally wilted. Im thinking mix was too moist. Can i stick the tip of this cactus in another pot of soil and make a sort of arch of cactus. Will the cactus grow new shoots because of this?

I dont know if you can picture it but an arch between two pots with a few cacti growing off of it sounds pretty cool.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Is it a penio. serpentinus ? or ??? I think it would grow new roots where ever it touches the ground.
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Well, it is possible to do what you say, but not the type of growth that the plant prefers. If it bent over, it is most likely rotting or severly etiolated from not enough light. If either is true, it will need to be corrected or the demise of your plant is eminant.

Can you post images?
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
bc30629

Post by bc30629 »

the cactus we speak of is a peruvian torch. It is wilted over real bad. It gets good light more now than before. It is still green but def got some funky spots on it. Look likes some roots trying to make their way out already. Maybe pictures later.
bc30629

Post by bc30629 »

daiv wrote:Well, it is possible to do what you say, but not the type of growth that the plant prefers. If it bent over, it is most likely rotting or severly etiolated from not enough light. If either is true, it will need to be corrected or the demise of your plant is eminant.

Can you post images?
How do you correct this problem?
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

If it is rotting, you'll have to cut the rotted parts out and re-root it. If it is etiolated, you can't undo anything, just get it into more light.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti