Need Agave potatorum photos

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
eduart

Need Agave potatorum photos

Post by eduart »

Hi All,

I am working on some kind of article (actually something similar to Cactus of the Month) on Agave potatorum for a Romanian C&S forum. As it is a quite variable species I want to illustrate it with photos of different plants (not only of my plant) grown in different places. If you have a photo of Agave potatorum and you allow me to use it strictly for this purpose and not for any kind of printed material please let me know. I will also name the source and the plant owner.

Thanks and have a

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Eduart
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Eduart,

I'll send you a couple in the next few days. Check out Starr Nursery's site. http://www.starr-nursery.com/Agaves%20Oaxaca.htm. If you ask Greg Starr, I'm sure he will give you permission to use his habitat pics.

Buck
Buck Hemenway
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Sorry,

I put a period at the end of the sentence and the link doesn't work. Here it is.
http://www.starr-nursery.com/Agaves%20Oaxaca.htm
Buck Hemenway
eduart

Post by eduart »

Thanks a lot Buck!
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Eduart,

Following are two pics of plants in our collection.

Agave potatorum, recently acquired from Rancho Soledad Nursery in a 3 gallon (9" 23cm) pot.

Agave potatorum var. verschaffeltii. I'm pretty sure this miniture agave (8cm across) is the correct plant for the name. A lot of others on the net.

Buck Hemenway
eduart

Post by eduart »

Thanks again for the wonderful pictures Buck. Two interesting pictures - first one illustrative for the variety with the twisted terminal thorn and with very marked lobbed sides of the leaves, the second one showing a quite uncommon offseting.

Cheers,

Eduart