Best/favorite seed sources?

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
Cybergooch

Best/favorite seed sources?

Post by Cybergooch »

I've been using Mesa Garden for many years, and figure I should poke my head out to see what else is out there.
Does anyone have a favorite seed source that they've had good luck with?

I see people here occasionally list seeds they have available, is it ok for me to list the seeds I'm looking for?
Aiko

Re: Best/favorite seed sources?

Post by Aiko »

Have a look at the history of this thread: https://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewto ... ts#p405400
zpeckler

Post by zpeckler »

Mesa Garden is, of course, the OG.

My second favorite source of seeds is Rob Romeo's Etsy shop, Three Deserts. He has some really unique stuff, and the germination rate I've gotten from his E. polycephalus is double what I've gotten from any other source.

I've also bought from Phoenix Desert Seeds several times and have been pleased with the results. The downside is they don't give you locality data.

I've bought from Jan Emming before. DM him for his seed list.

I've also bought from Jan Novak and Cactus Hobby in the Czech Republic. I'm pleased with the results and their customer service, but I'm not sure I'd import seeds again unless it was something I really, really wanted and couldn't find anywhere else. The USDA paperwork was a HUGE pain.
--------------------
Zac

Butte County, CA, USA
USDA Zone 9b
Mediterranean climate; hot, dry, sunny summers with rainy, moist, mild winters.
Tom in Tucson

Post by Tom in Tucson »

zpeckler wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm Mesa Garden is, of course, the OG.

My second favorite source of seeds is Rob Romeo's Etsy shop, Three Deserts. He has some really unique stuff, and the germination rate I've gotten from his E. polycephalus is double what I've gotten from any other source.

I've also bought from Phoenix Desert Seeds several times and have been pleased with the results. The downside is they don't give you locality data.

I've bought from Jan Emming before. DM him for his seed list.

I've also bought from Jan Novak and Cactus Hobby in the Czech Republic. I'm pleased with the results and their customer service, but I'm not sure I'd import seeds again unless it was something I really, really wanted and couldn't find anywhere else. The USDA paperwork was a HUGE pain.
Rob Romero (3 Deserts) has the best selection of hard to find seeds in the USA.
My 1st choice is ADBLPS. Although located in France, in recent years I've had great results.
For a site that has a great selection, and ease of ordering, I suggest the Swedish based SuccSeed
Cybergooch

Post by Cybergooch »

Thanks for the replies, I will check them out!
noeagonzalez

Post by noeagonzalez »

I'd also throw in joining the CSSA. If you do, you get access to their seed depot which has really cool stuff at bargain basement pricing:
https://shop.cactusandsucculentsociety. ... seed-depot