Cactus Explorer 22 now downloadable

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
DaveW

Cactus Explorer 22 now downloadable

Post by DaveW »

For those who have not yet registered to get notification by email the free Cactus Explorer Journal is now available to download in PDF form.

http://www.cactusexplorers.org.uk/journal6.htm

Ellie says he can not find enough written on N. American and Mexican cacti?

Well "Travels with the Cactus Expert" part 21 by Zlatco Janeba is published in the above edition, therefore there are 20 other parts in the previous issues for him to download and catch up on! :D

It also lists most of the worlds major cactus seed suppliers, plus other free to download PDF Cactus Journals.

If your computer does not have a PDF Reader you can download a free one off the Web:-

https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

I have made an E-Journals Folder on my computer where I transfer these online Journals to when I download them so I don't have to keep downloading them again for reference. You can always put them on a CD or memory stick if you don't want them taking up your computer space.
cosmotoad

Re: Cactus Explorer 22 now downloadable

Post by cosmotoad »

Didn't know this existed, thanks for the link!
Daedalux

Post by Daedalux »

Thank you!
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

There are quite a few of these online Journals now both in English or sometimes dual languages Cosmo. As I said you will see in that Cactus Explorers if you download it links to most of the other free downloadable online Cactus & Succulent Journals as well.
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

It was next in line after xerophilia though i'm way behind on my reading. I remember reading a Travels with the Cactus Expert article where he ate the core of a sclerocactus if i'm not mistaken
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
cosmotoad

Post by cosmotoad »

Why was he eating it exactly? Is it yummy? Or does it have medicinal/recreational properties or something? I mean I'm all for eating weird stuff but I'm a little confused