Stenocactus up to no good

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
spikef35

Stenocactus up to no good

Post by spikef35 »

Hm well it looks natural,maybe a form of corking who knows! #-o
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (76.17 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
jmoney

Re: Stenocactus up to no good

Post by jmoney »

Oooo...that doesn't look good.
Budding cactus enthusiast

Twitter: jmoneypn
Instagram: jmoneypn
spikef35

Post by spikef35 »

It's growing in a greenhouse it is not overwatered and sown what shaded it's possible mid day light burned it but i don't know?
iann

Post by iann »

Might have got burned. The damage looks quite old, or at least some of the surface scarring. If it is now collapsing from within then that wouldn't be good.
--ian
spikef35

Post by spikef35 »

I guess burning is possible some plants did get fryed last weekend exspecily a tiny mammilaria but I poked it with a knife and the mammilaria should survive I should do the same for the steno
jorgeq

Post by jorgeq »

I concur with iann. My Stenocactus got the same sunburn/corking when I left it out for too long in the sun. I now give then more shade: problem solved.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I had a Cleistocactus burn this year under the greenhouse bubble wrap insulation left up as a sun screen in not very sunny UK. All the other plants were OK though. Often it is down to lack of air circulation since two of my greenhouse automatic roof vent cylinders had failed. Some people have a fan running all the time in sunny weather to prevent this. In the past people with aluminium greenhouses where the glasses are just spring clipped in often used to remove a square of glass in summer for extra cooling, sometimes replacing it with fly screen to keep things out. However a fan is easier.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... s&_sacat=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;