Off-sets and cuttings

Multiplying your cacti vegetatively.
cactushobbyman

Off-sets and cuttings

Post by cactushobbyman »

Some of the cuttings were from earlier this summer and now are potted. Some of the off-sets were started last winter, this spring, and now are repotted for putting into the garden this coming spring. Most of my garden cacti came from off-sets and cuttings.

CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Go forth and propagate! 8)
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

BTW I know this is old, but there is nothing wrong with using cuttings to make more cacti. I have gotten a lot of mine via cuttings. I have rescued a few pads off the road... and guess what? they have grown into nice plants. One plant I have I got from a pad that got stuck on my shoe. The mother plant is now dead..
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
cactushobbyman

Post by cactushobbyman »

Most of my early collection is from cuttings. In the San Jose bay area, they expanded the 85 freeway and moved many houses. Choice pickings for cuttings.
shu246

Re: Off-sets and cuttings

Post by shu246 »

Hey CactusHobbyMan! That looks like an Echinopsis Subdenudata. We're gonna grow old and die here before we figure out how to multiply ours. Can you help us out?
cactushobbyman

Post by cactushobbyman »

shu246 wrote:Hey CactusHobbyMan! That looks like an Echinopsis Subdenudata. We're gonna grow old and die here before we figure out how to multiply ours. Can you help us out?

I'm not sure if my are if my are E. subdenudata. Others have ID as E. oxygona possible hybrid. I have several yellow ones from the mother plant that keeps trying to die on me. These just got done blooming. The flowers last one day only. I also have several with pink flowers.

4.jpg
4.jpg (151.99 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
shu246

Post by shu246 »

EEEEEEEEEE!

Cactus Envy!!!
paulzie32

Post by paulzie32 »

They Really Pup like Mad! I have one that pups just as much in Pink. I was told it's E. Oxygona or E. eyriesii. Wanna trade? PM me.
Image I wasn't raised a Cactolic but converted to Cactolicism later in life ImageImage