Anyone in CA Bay Area?

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
Minime8484

Anyone in CA Bay Area?

Post by Minime8484 »

There is a nursery in the Bay Area of California (Berkeley) that has a couple of plants that Me and a friend here in AZ want to purchase from as we can't seem to find these plants any where else.
However, this nursery (Cactus Jungle) doesn't ship.

So, in hopes that there is someone on this list nearby that might be willing to stop there, pick up a few plants, and ship them to us, I figured I would post here!

Naturally, we would pay all plant costs and shipping costs, and could even help pay for gas/time depending on your cost.

If you are interested, please PM me and we can discuss!

Thanks!
Tristan
martenfisher

Re: Anyone in CA Bay Area?

Post by martenfisher »

Why not post what you want first because you may get it cheaper or free if someone already has it to share?
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

martenfisher wrote:Why not post what you want first because you may get it cheaper or free if someone already has it to share?
Not a bad idea - sorry I didn't think of it!

The species we are looking for are:
Cleistocactus parapetiensis (=C. azurensis)
Fouquieria splendens ssp. campanulata var. campanulata (pink flowered form)

I've not seen either of the above otherwise available, but if anyone can point me to some place/one that has them available, please let me know!

Thanks for any help in advance!
Cheers,
Tristan
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

If you can't find anyone up there to help you out and you can't get them any other way... and you have patience, let me know. I live in SoCal but I'm from the Bay Area and have family and friends up there. I try to drive up there a couple times a year. I was just there in March so I may not go again until the Fall. I know it isn't ideal, but its what I can offer!

I'll keep an eye out for those plants too. It is quite possible they could show up for sale at a local C&S show or something like that.

Edit: Did you see this?

http://www.cactusconsortium.com/corona/ ... ductID=423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Isn't that Darryl's store (from our forum)? He's calling the flower pink/white. He could probably tell you exactly what it looks like.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Saxicola wrote:If you can't find anyone up there to help you out and you can't get them any other way... and you have patience, let me know. I live in SoCal but I'm from the Bay Area and have family and friends up there. I try to drive up there a couple times a year. I was just there in March so I may not go again until the Fall. I know it isn't ideal, but its what I can offer!

I'll keep an eye out for those plants too. It is quite possible they could show up for sale at a local C&S show or something like that.

Edit: Did you see this?

http://www.cactusconsortium.com/corona/ ... ductID=423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Isn't that Darryl's store (from our forum)? He's calling the flower pink/white. He could probably tell you exactly what it looks like.
I'd totally forgotten Darryl's Succulent List - I'm always on the Cactus List! :D

I'll contact him and see if he knows for sure whether his are var. campanulata (pink) or var. albiflora (white).

Thanks for the info!

And, definitely let me know if you ever get back up there - I'm from up there too originally (Fairfield), but no longer have family there!

Cheers,
Tristan
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

with those F. splendens you have to be careful of the ssp. Oh wait nevermind I missed your post.. Tristian.. you understand.. that one is white Var. albiflora and one is pink var campanulata.
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.