Sneaky night bloomer - id?

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Hydrogin

Sneaky night bloomer - id?

Post by Hydrogin »

Boy I've been posting alot today. Now I need help identifying this night bloomer. :D Been waiting for almost a month and still many buds on the plant. Sorry for the bad picture quality will try to get better later 2night.Image
Mike

Post by Mike »

very pretty. perhaps Peniocereus serpentinus. maybe better to take pic of spines etc in datime rather than flower. here is mine for your comparisImage
on
Hydrogin

Post by Hydrogin »

Some more pictures best I can do unfortunately :cry: Plus some background knowledge: Got a cutting from a wild plant about five years ago. First time it flowers for me but looks like it's gonna put on quite a show as lots of new buds all over the plant.

Closer on flower better focus

More plant overall
Smal tip on the left is another shoot of the same plant with another few buds forming.
Overall plant is almost 1.8m high atm
Hydrogin

Post by Hydrogin »

very pretty. perhaps Peniocereus serpentinus. maybe better to take pic of spines etc in datime rather than flower. here is mine for your comparis
Thanks Mike. Mine looks alot like yours. Some purple discoloration towards the bottom of the plant. Will try and get better pictures of spines and top view tomorrow. Hope my cell will do it justice :roll: . Best I have atm...
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I think P. serpentinus is correct.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti