Graptopetalum filiferum

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
hablu

Graptopetalum filiferum

Post by hablu »

I have this one as G. filiferum. on another forum it was said that G filiferum isn't hardly excisting anymore and only hybrids with Echeveria agavoides are common now. The commercial name ould be "Graptopetalum silverstar" now. Is mine a silverstar or an filiferum? Harry
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Harry,

Nice plant. We are too hot for it here. I think that its a graptoveria (obvious combination of genera) but have never found a satisfactory species name for it.

We get them going well in the fall and winter, but have a very difficult time getting them through the summer. I was calling it G. opalina, but don't think that's right either.
Buck Hemenway
hablu

Post by hablu »

Buck, on gardenforum a Jon D has it as "x graptoveria 'Silver Star'". Quote from him: G... is a cross make by Myron Kimnach, former director of the Huntington and editor of the CSSA Journal silver star. Harry
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Harry,

My bad on the name. Myron is a wonderful man who still attends the San Gabriel Valley C&SS meeting occasionally.
Buck Hemenway