Trade Opuntia . . .

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
orangec8

Trade Opuntia . . .

Post by orangec8 »

I am interested in trading Opunita pads of varieties that are native in my region for varieties native in your region. My native species are O. basilaris, santa rita, chlorotica, englemannii, englemanni v. linguiformis, macrocentra, and aciculata. I am at 2300 feet elevation (Sonoran desert), where temperatures drop to slightly below freezing in the winter. What do you have and where are you? (Trading means we each pay necessary postage to exchange a specimum of one or, better yet, two-attached pads.

PB
daiv
Site Admin

I've got some Opuntias!

Post by daiv »

I have a few opuntias that I have to keep hacking back. :) O. littoralis is a native here for sure. Are you interested in Chollas too? Also I've got O. microdaysis of all sorts comming out my ears! Anyone is welcome to have some pads from them.
cosmophonic12

Post by cosmophonic12 »

I have a mature specimen opuntia subulata. Anyone have any barrels???
orangec8

Post by orangec8 »

cosmophonic12 wrote:I have a mature specimen opuntia subulata. Anyone have any barrels???
Thanks, but I am not into C. Opunita or A.C. Opuntia (should have explained that initially), and we are practically neighbors so our native species are likely to be the same. Thanks again.
daiv
Site Admin

O. littoralis

Post by daiv »

Didn't get a chance to package up some O. littoralis over labor day weekend. Will try to get some this weekend instead.
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

I'm not real familar with alot of cacti but I have some prickly pear growing in my rock garden if you'd like some pads from it. I live in the KC area and it's native to my area, although getting scarce it seems. Don't know the proper name of it but heres a pic- I'll let you decide. If you know please tell me the proper name for it. It has alot of almost transparent yellow blooms on it in the summer.
I also have a cholla but don't know it's proper name either. This is first year growth for it.
orangec8

Post by orangec8 »

Thanks. I will answer you via email.