Lobivia, Echinopsis and unknown

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Arash37

Lobivia, Echinopsis and unknown

Post by Arash37 »

Hello. I need help with species of these cacti. Maybe someone knows?

1. Some species of Lobivia?

2. Echinopsis?

3. I have no idea what species could it be
Aiko

Re: Lobivia, Echinopsis and unknown

Post by Aiko »

As the moderator of this section I get the increasing feeling you are abusing the current rules with a continues stream of identification requests. You play fine by the rules of this forum, but that does not mean you are helping getting down the unhappyness other forum members have with this section of the forum.

I suggest to limit your identification request for those plants you really really really want to know the name of. Not just go through your entire collection from plant 1 to plant 10000.

I am getting to the point to add a rule that limits the number of requests be posted if you (and others) continue like this. And then I will be on top of it like a police agent!

Do we really want to go there?
Arash37

Post by Arash37 »

I just don't know why there should be some limit of questions. If there are people who wants to help me, they just should be able to do that. They won't help me if they don't want to. In my opinion in this way every user of this section learns new species. It's better if there are some new topics or no? More activity attracts people because they know they will get help here. But it's just my opinion.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Arash37 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:02 pm It's better if there are some new topics or no?
No.
It's a burden, not an addition.
Arash37 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:02 pm More activity attracts people because they know they will get help here.
That's even increasing the problems we already have!

Please read this thread closely as to understand what the problem is: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42557. There are more threads like these. If you want to discuss this, then please add your contribution to the above thread.
nona

Post by nona »

3. Melocactus
christ_hears

Post by christ_hears »

Aiko wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:50 pm As the moderator of this section I get the increasing feeling you are abusing the current rules with a continues stream of identification requests. You play fine by the rules of this forum, but that does not mean you are helping getting down the unhappiness other forum members have with this section of the forum.

I suggest to limit your identification request for those plants you really really really want to know the name of. Not just go through your entire collection from plant 1 to plant 10000.

I am getting to the point to add a rule that limits the number of requests be posted if you (and others) continue like this. And then I will be on top of it like a police agent!

Do we really want to go there?
Seriously? This forum is about dead the way it sits, not very much going on, takes forever to get replies... Any sort of thread or post should be welcomed (within reason) the whole point of a community is to lift each other up and say, wow, its great your trying to learn your collection and what you have, instead of beating people off and telling them you ask too much questions....
"Beauty is often hidden behind a veil of ugly"
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

christ_hears wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:44 am Seriously? This forum is about dead the way it sits, not very much going on, takes forever to get replies... Any sort of thread or post should be welcomed (within reason) the whole point of a community is to lift each other up and say, wow, its great your trying to learn your collection and what you have, instead of beating people off and telling them you ask too much questions....
Please read this thread as to understand what the problem is: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42557

Feel free to discuss in that thread. I will lock this one.