Stapelia gigantea cuttings, for sale, trade, or free

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
bett

Stapelia gigantea cuttings, for sale, trade, or free

Post by bett »

I have a bunch of S. gigantea cuttings that I have no use for, so I thought I'd offer them to everyone here as a semi-giveaway.
I saved them from the garbage months ago in the fall, and they've been sitting in my basement, not potted, ever since I brought them home (they were exposed to low 40s temperatures at one point as well when they were in my garage for a few weeks). I didn't want to ship them in the winter, but now that the weather's warming up I think it should be safe. They're a bit unhappy from not being watered or potted for months, but they're still very much alive and some have started pushing roots out.
I have big ones, little ones, ugly ones and some nicer ones. I can cut up the big ones if anyone wants smaller pieces, plant them into some soil and send them rooted and healthier, or just toss them in a box and send as-is. You can take as many or as few as you want.
I'm fine with giving these out for free, but if you want to toss me a couple bucks or a tiny cutting of anything or some seeds, that's fine with me too. All I ask is that the buyer pay shipping (unless trading with cuttings or plants). I can probably send most of these for 2-5 bucks in regular post if I shove them into the smallest box I can (as well as depending on the distance), and I feel they should make the journey fine. If anyone specifically wants a flat rate priority box or some other shipping method, just tell me and I'll see what I can do.

I'm being really lenient with these since they've been neglected for so long, so I'm hoping someone has a nice home for them and can nurse them into healthy plants.

hoteidoc

Re: Stapelia gigantea cuttings, for sale, trade, or free

Post by hoteidoc »

Bett - I seem to be a "rescue" guy & since you've saved me the trouble of IDing (w/o having to wait for blossoms), I'm game! Think cheapest USPS Priority is now @$6.50. Send me PM with address & how you want $$ arrangements. Have a # of plants, can make cuttings (Epi's, Hatiora, Cleisto. winterii), a few Haworthia doubles & triples, a few seedlings (Fero. Oreocer, Mamms), etc. Lots of cold-hardy seedlings should be ready for repot in July. Let me know if you looking for something & we'll see what I've got.
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

Hoteidoc, you can save money on shipping if you send it as a First Class Package, assuming it weighs 13 ounces or less. It runs about half the price of priority and takes the same amount of time to get from point A to B.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

Thanks for the tip Sax!
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!