Help I Ordered Seeds from Aliexpress

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Yamyoo

Re: Help I Ordered Seeds from Aliexpress

Post by Yamyoo »

DaveW wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:59 pm
Thank you for the great information you shared, Dave. Very informative and interesting. I am amazed by the moth I didnt know it came to the point how Australia is having like a war against Opuntias they really like to grow in Australia's type of weather.

I have read the Cites too. Does it include importing seeds from those threatened species in appendix 1? Well, im sure those are for both seeds and live plants are in for strict compliance only under the given rule.

I will create a compilation of those on my phone if I might find those for sale here. Like the A. Asterias I'm sure there's for sale of those kind here. And I think and hope it is part of the Astrophytum Seed mix I ordered.
Arthur
-SE Asia, Philippines - Tropical
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Some dealers will not export them. I have not had Mesa Gardens seed list lately but they used to mark seed on Appendix 1 as not for sale outside the USA. You can find them in many other dealers lists who will export though, particularly E. European.
DodoBrooke

Post by DodoBrooke »

Yamyoo wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:43 am But from Aliex are still no sign of sprouts - was germinated 5days earlier that the E.Grusonii seeds.
Any updates on Aliex seeds by now Arthur? Just wondering what is the percentage of germination?
Yamyoo

Post by Yamyoo »

Thank you for your concern, Dodobrooke. It has been almost 30days and I got 0% compared to the E. Grusonii seeds have 9%. I don't bother making a dispute about this to the Ali seller.

The E. Grusonii low germination rate are might be the result of a lot of factors. Seed freshness, lighting, temperature and/or compost I made. But still I'm happy about it because im learning and the experience I earned.

My 3rd batch are the seed mix sent free by Armen from Aremenia - if you happen to read this, thank you again!
Arthur
DodoBrooke

Post by DodoBrooke »

You are right, leave this Ali case behind and move on :D
I also received some seeds from Armen and Gymno has germinated at high %.
Good luck to you and enjoy your seedlings.
Yamyoo

Post by Yamyoo »

Wow, that's amazing you got seeds from him also. That guy is so generous and kind we are now Facebook friends and I envy his cactus related picture posts.

You too, Dodobrooke. Have a great time always. Keep them healthy and growing!
Arthur