Rainbow Garden BooK Shop

Share information on Cacti Books, Websites, Periodicals, etc.
John P Weiser

Rainbow Garden BooK Shop

Post by John P Weiser »

I am sure some of you, all ready know about this on line book store. I happened upon it by accident but I am also aware that their site is hosted through the Cactus Mall. I looked through their list it is quite extensive. http://www.rainbowgardensbookshop.com Good hunting. sierrarainshadow
TimN

Post by TimN »

I've bought several books from Rainbow Gardens, but always at a show. I've never mail-ordered anything from them. They do a very nice job on our fairly narrow area of interest.

Remember to look at the used book list, they have some intersting books there sometimes. Just have to keep checking back.

Tim
peterb

Post by peterb »

Rainbow Gardens is amazing and an incredible resource. If you have valuable or out of print used books, you're better off selling them to private individuals, however. For Yucca I, II and III by Fritz Hochstaetter and two volumes of the Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants, RBG offered $200 total. Five books that list for more than $700 new, in brand new, mint condition. I understand they have to turn a profit, but that was a ridiculous offer. When I said I'd consider $300 I got a nasty email back and then never heard from them again.

So...if you're buying, great resource!

peterb
Zone 9
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I have got most of my books from them. There are not many other places that have those titles, so I like to support them even if I can get the books elsewhere.

Peter, never tried selling to them, but buying has always been a positive experience.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti