Rules for Plant Swap -Read This First!

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
daiv
Site Admin

Rules for Plant Swap -Read This First!

Post by daiv »

Hello,
I have created this plant swap forum due to popular request. Please read through the following rules before continuing:

1. No Commercial Sales: This is intended for hobby growers to increase their collections. If you have extra plants but don't need anything for trade, feel free to offer those plants here for sale. If you are a nursery or have a regular offering of plants, you need to sign up for the NurseryLink feature -> http://www.cactiguide.com/nurserylink_about/

2. Obey All Aplicable Laws: Check with your local governing authority (state/provincial/national) to be sure you do not violate any laws. It may not be legal to certain plants from one particular place to another. You are responsible to know these laws before you trade.

3. Protect Wild Plants: Please do not list for trade wild plants or protected species unless you have obtained them legally and can cite the authority which granted you the permission. Be protectors first and collectors second.

4. Be Honest: If there are too many disputes from unfair trading, this forum will have to be discontinued.

5. Do Not Over-Commit: It is easy to post a trade offer or request. It is quite another thing to actually prepare a plant or cutting, get it boxed, and get it sent. Do not post unless you are ready to make that effort.

6. Do Not Freely Complain: If you end up with a trade that does not go well, please give the other party the benefit of the doubt. Make every effort to negotiate with each other for resolve. Remember, there are no guarantees. Expect a certain degree of misunderstanding or disappointment and be as tolerant as you can. People are not perfect and you should not expect them to be. Do not immediately start posting complaints on the forum.

7. Privacy & Security: Conduct transactions via Private Messages(PM) or E-mail. Do not post your address or someone else's on this forum. I would also recommend not posting phone numbers either. Keep in mind that this site is not a secure site (including Private Messaging). Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad or dishonest people out there who are looking to take advantage of well-meaning, honest people. Keep your personal information out of their hands.

8. I Claim No Responsibility: It is extremely important to note that I claim no responsibility for the actions of anyone on this forum other than myself. This forum is no more than a venue for like-minded enthusiasts to communicate with each other.

9. Nothing to Trade?: If you are new to the hobby and don't have much to trade, you can request to purchase hard to find plants through a Private Message or e-mail. You will need to negotiate the details with each other. Please respect a person's right to say "no" and if they are asking too much money that is also their right -don't complain you can also say "no". In other words, it is acceptable to pay for plants, but not acceptable to post plants for a sale to make a profit.

10. Have Fun: Ok so if you've read this far, you may be convinced this is a bad idea. Remember, rules are necessary whenever there are people involved and relationships can be risky. That doesn't mean that there aren't lots of great cacti-enthusiasts out there who can mutually benefit each other through this forum. I hope that this becomes a very active section of the forum and that cacti-collections will grow around the world!

Thank you for reading and following these rules.

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti