Share your pets here

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
cosmotoad

Re: Share your pets here

Post by cosmotoad »

Also I'm not much of a dog person at all, but Elie's rottweiler and especially Pip look really sweet. I like the cactus eating rabbit too, I leave out some apple slices for the local wild bunnies once in a while here. So far no bites taken out of my cacti but if they want a taste then so be it.
saboten

Post by saboten »

My little street cat! Here in Riyadh, there is a whole world of feral street cats. I was out walking one day and I saw this little guy almost get hit by a truck. He didn't seem to have a mom around, and he was out walking by himself. None of the cats in the nearby dumpster seemed to care when I picked him up. Most everyone around here hates the street cats since they tend to be gross and sick, but I took him home and cleaned him up and brought him to the vet. He's been with me for about a month and he's a sweetie! I call him Pickle.
Attachments
20181024_152313 copy.jpg
20181024_152313 copy.jpg (44.34 KiB) Viewed 14961 times
DodoBrooke

Post by DodoBrooke »

Saboten, your cat is too cute. :love10:
Also the rabbit looks so fluffy but if he eats cati....well....

My cat is 11yrs old. She stopped being naughty years ago but still, when there's something new in the house, she must be the first to try. Here we have just unwrapped and assembled the living room table and she had to try lay on it [-X
IMG_3713.jpg
IMG_3713.jpg (72.03 KiB) Viewed 14901 times
cosmotoad

Post by cosmotoad »

Very nice cats, I'd like to have an occult black cat one day but half of my family is allergic. It'd probably sort out the mice that have been hanging around here too

Here's my birds again, I've been letting them out of the cage once or twice a day to get some exercise. They're in the greenhouse so I was a bit worried about them flying into cacti but they seem to land right on the biggest golden barrel and try to eat it (unsuccessfully) without a care. They seem to really like kale and coffee leaves, but I have to supervise to make sure they don't try to eat the angels trumpets or other toxic stuff
Attachments
rsz_20181113_122043.jpg
rsz_20181113_122043.jpg (132.64 KiB) Viewed 14834 times
ihoptdk

Post by ihoptdk »

A recent shot of Penny in her favorite hiding spot.
Attachments
IMG_1064 - Copy.JPG
IMG_1064 - Copy.JPG (72.87 KiB) Viewed 14766 times
Licespray

Post by Licespray »

Gorgeous cats, guys!

Here’s my 2 girls. Luna (bigger one) and Lily, who we found on the 27th of November. She’s around 5-6 weeks of age. They seem to be getting along and Luna sometimes holds Lily down and grooms her.
Attachments
E7864108-D5EA-4D0A-8CD7-58627D5D4AD3.jpeg
E7864108-D5EA-4D0A-8CD7-58627D5D4AD3.jpeg (169.44 KiB) Viewed 14383 times
Ferocactus best cactus :mrgreen:
saboten

Post by saboten »

So Cute! That's a darling little cat, good that they're getting along well. Is Luna a bluish-grey or a black color? It is hard to see by the photo.
Licespray

Post by Licespray »

Missed your post.

Lily has hit “little foot attacking monster stage”. And she chases Luna everywhere (which is for the most part tolerated :P ).

Luna is “bluish grey”.
saboten

Post by saboten »

Licespray wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:42 pm Missed your post.

Lily has hit “little foot attacking monster stage”. And she chases Luna everywhere (which is for the most part tolerated :P ).

Luna is “bluish grey”.
I love the 'blue' colors of some cats' coats. Since Pickle the cat adopted me, I've become fascinated by cats, and even fascinated by superficial features such as coat genetics. I have no idea about how it works but it is amazing.
As for Pickle himself, he has really puffed up in the fur department. I guess he will have longer hair than I thought.
Attachments
Photo from Nicoleنيكول.jpg
Photo from Nicoleنيكول.jpg (48.62 KiB) Viewed 14220 times
Licespray

Post by Licespray »

That expression is adorable :D
DjonCuba

Post by DjonCuba »

Mip pequeño CID
Attachments
index.jpg
index.jpg (113.54 KiB) Viewed 13466 times
hegar

Post by hegar »

I do not have any indoor pets. I used to have a dog, but it died a few years ago. Now the only living things on my property are white-winged doves and feral cats, which sometimes manage to kill one of the doves. I do have one more kind of animal sharing my backyard, a small desert turtle, which is native to this area. I have had them for a good number of years and all of the turtles, except for the male (the one with the yellowish neck and the fat tail) have hatched from eggs that one of my females laid.
Right now, there are five of them around, two of them are females, two of them males (including a juvenile), and the last one may also be a male.
Because I do not want inbreeding to occur, I will have to give any males - except for the big guy - away.
Here they are, all five of them feeding on a hard-boiled egg.

Harald
Box Turtles1.JPG
Box Turtles1.JPG (127.9 KiB) Viewed 12109 times
Box Turtles2.JPG
Box Turtles2.JPG (135.61 KiB) Viewed 12109 times
BennieAnTheJets

Post by BennieAnTheJets »

hegar wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:15 am I do not have any indoor pets. I used to have a dog, but it died a few years ago. Now the only living things on my property are white-winged doves and feral cats, which sometimes manage to kill one of the doves. I do have one more kind of animal sharing my backyard, a small desert turtle, which is native to this area. I have had them for a good number of years and all of the turtles, except for the male (the one with the yellowish neck and the fat tail) have hatched from eggs that one of my females laid.
Right now, there are five of them around, two of them are females, two of them males (including a juvenile), and the last one may also be a male.
Because I do not want inbreeding to occur, I will have to give any males - except for the big guy - away.
Here they are, all five of them feeding on a hard-boiled egg.

Harald
Wow - they are cool! Are they wild turtles or your pets?
hegar

Post by hegar »

Those are pet turtles, all, except for the big male from my own breeding program. Once a hatchling makes it through its first year of life, it does have a good chance to grow into adulthood. I have lost a good number of baby turtles. This year there were two and both died. The first was born without functioning eyes, so I did not have much hope for its survival. The second one I was not even aware of, but did find it after it had died and ants were all over it. I do not know what caused its demise. When these turtles are very small, they are very hard to see and hide whenever I approach.
Later on, they do join the adults when I bring the feed.

Harald
BennieAnTheJets

Post by BennieAnTheJets »

Awesome. Thanks, Harald. I am impressed that you have hatched and raised them! I hear that is very hard and quite an accomplishment. =D>

I love turtles - and am terrified to kill another one here with the mower - it has happened and I cried my eyes out but that did not help the poor, beautiful turtles whose lives I destroyed : scratch : :crybaby:

it's gotten so bad, I am afraid to mow in the summer and our grass and weeds take off

on a happier note, I have photographed and named three of our remaining resident, native, wild turtles and they are (hopefully) all doing well and hibernating at this time - they are Eastern Box Turtles and very close to my heart - they have laid eggs here, I think: I have seen them digging a nest in the summer - not sure if the babies survived - Linda is a female, Charlie and Leo are males

EBT_Linda.jpg
EBT_Linda.jpg (110.51 KiB) Viewed 11013 times
EBT_Charlie.jpg
EBT_Charlie.jpg (120.13 KiB) Viewed 11013 times
EBT_Leo.jpg
EBT_Leo.jpg (199.71 KiB) Viewed 11013 times
Last edited by BennieAnTheJets on Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.