Happy Anniversary!

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
daiv
Site Admin

Happy Anniversary!

Post by daiv »

As of yesterday (8-27-2005), the CactiGuide.com Forum has been going full year!

In this first year, we've had 233 registered users. That is more than one person every two days or .62/day. There are 433 topics and 2574 posts. That is an average of 1.15 new topics each day, and 6.83 posts.

I remember when I first created the forum. I had expectations for it, but I really had no idea if they were realistic or not. Now, a year later, I can say that this forum has exceeded those expectations.

There have been so many awesome people sign up that I couldn't mention them all by name here in one post. Everybody has been 100% gracious and kind with each other. I've never had to ban a single user (knock on wood) or have even the slightest issue like that. What a great group of folks!

We've shared our growning experiences, pictures of our collections and flowers, and even our personalities. I know I've learned a lot and I'm sure others have too.

I am excited about year two and look forward to the continued success of this little spot on the web. A site dedicated to helping cacti lovers all over the world get together and share their knowledge and experience with this great hobby! I hope that you'll be a part of it!

Daiv
CactiGuice.com
ondy

Post by ondy »

Congradulation Daiv,

Couldn't have put it better myself. I was number 7 to join the forum and I have seen it grow too. I know I have said it before but thanks again for starting this 'little spot on the web' as you call it. Here's to another year of success and continued sharing of knowledge and ideas with a hobby that for some us has become an obsession. Way to go Daiv.

Andy
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Congradulation on your anniversary Daiv,

The board has definitely grown. Great people with varying information make this "little spot on the web" my little getaway from the everyday hustle and bustle.
This board has resparked my interest for cacti and the knowledge thereof.
Not sure what Andy means by an obesession though :-k

Way to go Daiv-- You da Man :wink:

Bill
cactusbutt

Post by cactusbutt »

Congrats Daiv
keep up the good work this is a great place =D>

Bob
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

You guys flatter me! :oops:

I honestly can say, it is everyone who makes this such a great place. There is no way I could have done all this on my own. I mean it when I say -There should be kudos all around.

Daiv
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Daiv,

I must of course include my congratulations to you for having the forsight to start what has become an impressive site for all those who are interested in and love cacti and succulents..

Best Wishes,
John